Master’s Degree in Communications and Sports Journalism
The Master in Communication and Sports Journalism teaches what sports journalism is about and how it adapts to the current media environment, analysing how the industry’s professional and social dimension has evolved nationally and internationally, including its legal and economic aspects from a practical perspective.
From a crossed-platform approach, the Master programme trains students in journalistic work covering areas such as:
- Print journalism. Key aspects of print and digital sports media production, showing students the techniques and challenges when writing chronicles and articles, always acting according to the code of ethics of the journalism profession.
- Television and sport. Methods and specific techniques involving the broadcast of sports events; including interviews, anchoring, editing and production of specialized content for audiovisual platforms.
- Sports radio. The creation of a weekly radio program will guide students through program production, technical basics, presentation, interviews and radio commentary of sports events.
- Digital journalism and social networks. New technology applications in sports journalism are transforming the industry and opening up new business opportunities. The multiplatform approach is a must in the business and the Program is showing this reality.
- Communication management in sports organisations. Students are taught how to master the key aspects of managing a press and communication department of a sport entity (club, federation, agency, etc.), designing the fundamental aspects of its communication and decision making regarding the implications of communication when working with sports personalities and the media. Always trying to describe the sports environment, which is vital when deciding communication policies.
This master program is completed with a unique international experience where students will visit first level sports clubs and entities, having the chance to meet and learn from their executives and their expertise. This trip may vary depending on availability, in 2019 our students visited FIFA and UEFA headquarters in Switzerland among other sports industry stakeholders. Beside this international Experience students will participate in several sports events (mainly Real Madrid teams ones) where they will have the chance to develop their communication skills and their professional networking with relevant professionals.
Students will also enjoy an exclusive event, the White Week, one week of unique conferences and experiences at the Real Madrid C.F. facilities featuring the leading professionals from the Sports Industry, professional sportsmen/women and Real Madrid C.F. Executives.
The involvement of Real Madrid makes this program unique, practical classes take place during Real Madrid C.F. football, Women’s football team, football lower categories and basketball matches and at the Club’s premises.
Come and feel part of the Best Club in XXth Century Communications Department
This master starts on October 23rd.