Master in Sport Management Amsterdam
The curriculum of the Master in Sport Management consists of 7 mandatory instructional modules. The Master is completed by developing and presenting a final plan or business plan.
The Johan Cruyff Institute uses a rich learning environment that fosters educational tools based on a student interaction model, which also enables students to share their unique experiences and learn from each other. Students will engage actively in creative challenges that require effort, commitment and intuitive thinking.
Through the academic year we focus on the personal development of each student. The professors and staff ensure that everyone is challenged in their learning. All the theory studied will be relevant, tangible, fun and enjoyable to learn by responding to the latest news, using case studies and having guest lectures from key note speakers from the sport management industry.
In order to stimulate personal development, one-to-one sessions can be arranged between students, Johan Cruyff Institute staff and professors for those who need a little extra support or guidance during the program.
Professors and staff encourage students to become a ‘Cruyff family member’ for life. The Johan Cruyff Institute will do everything to help students from different backgrounds and nationalities feel welcome and comfortable from the moment they step into our office. We know all our students individually and maintain contact with them during and after the study program.
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (Netherlands: HBO) or equivalent, or
Three years of professional career experience in the (sport) industry*, and
Fluent in English
Note: Experience as an elite athlete is not required, but having developed a career as a professional athlete will be valued as work experience, depending level and commitment.
In addition, the Johan Cruyff Institute is looking for people who:
Have an interesting motivation to attend the Master program.
Have a passion for sport. We believe that a passion for sport drives education and development to become a leader in sport management.
Are ambitious and wish to develop yourself for a professional career in sport management.
Enjoy learning in a practical environment.
Value an individual oriented approach.
Are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone to be able to make a personal growth.
On campus Amsterdam; English
The Master in Sport Management is for you, if:
- You are an athlete or former athlete who is looking for academic training in management to give your professional career a boost.
- You have know-how in the sport management sector and would like to formalize your experience with a Master, boost your future and/or expand your network.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate degree specializing in sport management to create a future for yourself in the sport industry.
- You are working in the business sector and wish to focus your career in the sport industry.
- Understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sport industry from a business perspective.
- Create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- Use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- Detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- Interpret the financial statements of a sport organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- Optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning, and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication, and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).