Mass Events Participants Relations Assistant - Outdoor Events (Internship)
The Participants Relation Assistant will be working across the following events, within our Outdoor Sports team:
- Harmony Geneva Marathon for UNICEF 2020
- La Tour Geneva Triathlon 2020
- 20km of Geneva by Geneva Airport 2020
- Run Mate 2020
- Possibly other events
The role will encompass the following tasks:
- Provide support to participants - manage the specific event mailbox, answer and return calls, reply to participant emails and answer queries
- Assist with the management of the registration platform
- Assist with the development of participant communication tools (participants guide/newsletters/social media)
- Attend promo tours and other runner events periodically
- Attend and organise trainning sessions for participants
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, printing, and postage
- Work on and maintain all of the client information databases
- Support the Customer Sales & Services team in the preparation of event materials
- Attend events and continue to be the point of contact for clients, welcoming clients and providing support about any questions they may have
- Support on-event logistics to ensure optimum client experience (info point, bib pick- up, briefings, etc.)
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be required to manage any reasonable tasks as and when required.
Note: This role requires travel to national and international events.
- Fluent in French and English preferred and ideally in German
- An interest in Outdoor Sports, especially running and triathlon
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to remain effective and calm while working under pressure
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work on-site at events during long hours
- Excellent database skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programmes essential (familiarity with Mac beneficial)
- Driving Licence Mandatory
Terms for the Role
- Mid-February 2020 (9 months)
- Applicants MUST have a University/School agreement such as internship convention‚ during the entire duration of the internship
- Monthly allowance: 800CHF (gross before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance, etc.)
- Holidays: 10 working days for a 6-months internship.
- Benefits: OC Sport sponsors the full cost of a half card CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on all Swiss public transport (to qualify for a CFF card you must be living in Switzerland)
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm. During busy periods you may be expected to work evenings and weekends.
- Travel, accommodation, and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current policies.
How to Apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/Resume Additionaly, provide a small text where you:
- Give us an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service
- Give us an example of a situation/experience you did where you were very pride of yourself
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs are you involved in?
Application without a Scholar Agreement will not be considered
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or a video, then email your application.