The Western Zone B (WAFU B) is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Manager
A) Key Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and implement communication and marketing projects in line with the strategic plan of the Zonal Union
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, manage, support and implement a communication and marketing strategy;
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, manage and develop communication activities on the different professional platforms of the Zonal Union and the social networks;
- Ensure coordination with other Departments of the Zonal Union to ensure good communication of the activities of the Zonal Union;
- Monitor and document in an organized manner all activities of the Zonal Union;
- Ensure the follow-up of the production of promotional materials, articles and publications to enhance the image of the Zonal Union;
- Manage the relationship between the marketing agency and Zonal Union/ WAFU B in close collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Executive Director.
- Master of Business Administration or equivalent;
- Complementary studies in the field of sport and/or football (e.g. FIFA Masters, etc.);
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the field of marketing and sports communication, preferably in football.
- Business know-how and IT skills:
- Experience in the administration and successful implementation of football projects/programmes;
- Proper use of MS products (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio),
- Work experience in a football-related environment (club, league, federation for example);
- Knowledge of the African football industry and environment.
Competencies and Characteristics:
- Autonomous and able to manage own workload;
- Good communicator;
- Able to quickly establish trust and a good working relationship with key people inside and outside the Zonal Union;
- Intercultural competences;
- Organized and methodical with strong project management capabilities
- Long-term planning and coordination skills;
- Applied in the work and determined to overcome obstacles to succeed
- Driven by a sense of service and able to understand the needs of the organization;
- Shows commitment to quality and results
- Resistant to stress;
- Competent in networking and relational matters, allowing regular contact with CAF management and staff;
- Feels comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
- Adapts to situations with a willingness to meet challenges and achieve results.
Language skills: English, French, others.
What we offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization;
- Attractive employment conditions;
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team;
Place of service: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Contract duration: Unlimited
If you have the necessary qualifications and wish to work for an international sports organization, submit your application in French and/or English (cover letter, CV and diplomas). Only direct applications that meet all the required criteria will be considered. To apply for the vacancy please click the ‘apply’ button below.