Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to work across all the functional areas of the Communications, Marketing and Media division to help coordinate integrated marketing communications campaigns and strategies. The individual will have excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and be willing to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
The Communications, Marketing and Media Division (CMM) is responsible for developing and protecting the Birmingham 2022 brand, as well as driving awareness and interest in the Games via our major campaigns such as ticketing, volunteering and the Queens Baton Relay. This integrated team is also responsible for the running of the Birmingham 2022 press office, working with Games partners to deliver community engagement, implementing a comprehensive public affairs programme, creating and optimising all public facing digital media and Games time media operations.
- Proactively manage the day-to-day coordination of the team, including; preparing project plans, coordinating meetings and working groups, maintaining media coverage, electronic filing, and coordinating key tasks related to the CMM Division
- Collating and issuing of weekly and monthly reports, grid updates and status updates
- Scheduling of meetings, preparation of meeting agendas and preparation of presentations.
- Organising key team member diaries and meeting requests
- Work with the Finance, Legal and Procurement teams to prepare, log and file supplier contracts, quotes and invoices, as well as processing purchase order requisitions and managing supplier set-up
- Track department milestones and key deliverables, monitoring and report on the master programme plan and interdependencies
- Maintain a suite of project documents, including; creative briefs, plans, calendars, schedules, project / action logs and marketing communications tools
- Assist with department new starter on-boarding / inductions
- Prepare project update reports, including collating, monitoring and evaluation of data
- Keep updated contact information for all stakeholders engaged in marketing communications activities
- Support the delivery of operational plans including but not limited to major campaigns such as ticketing, volunteering, community engagement and the Queen's Baton Relay
- Help create interesting and engaging creative content to support marketing communications objectives, programmes and priorities
- Work across the CMM projects to support the delivery priorities of individual programmes
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in other functional areas to help deliver Birmingham 2022 marketing communications programmes and projects
- Coordinate and organise key project documentation, filing and document control
Skills & Experience Required
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in marketing or communications teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Project management or coordination experience in creative services
- High level of administrative, time management and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise tasks effectively and deliver to a high standard on time
- Experience working as part of a B2C marketing function or a brand or marketing agency environment
- Diploma / degree qualified in marketing or communications (or similar)
- CIM or evidence of continual professional development
Salary - £25,000-27,000 per annum
Start date - ASAP
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.