Marketing Account Manager
Job/Role Title: Marketing Account Manager
Reporting to: Director of Brand and Marketing
Location: WS OFFICES (with extensive travel requirements)
World Sailing is the world governing body for the sport of sailing, officially recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
World Sailing is responsible for:
- the promotion of the sport internationally;
- managing sailing at the Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- developing the Racing Rules of Sailing and regulations for all sailing competitions;
- the training of judges, umpires and other administrators;
- the development of the sport around the world; and
- representing the sailors in all matters concerning the sport.
The principle members of World Sailing are the 145 'Member National Authorities' (MNAs) and the 100+ 'Class Associations'.
We have a clear and ambitious vision:
A world in which millions more people fall in love with sailing; inspired by the unique relationship between sport, technology and the forces of nature, we all work to protect the waters of the world.
To make sailing more exciting and accessible for everyone to participate or watch, and use our reach and influence to create a sustainable future for our sport and the waters of the world.
The Brand & Marketing team has a broad set of responsibilities, delivering crucial support to the key activities of the wider organisation and managing the promotion of the sport of sailing, including:
- Sponsorship: supporting the onboarding of commercial partners and servicing these partners, ensuring their rights are delivered across World Sailing’s activities and events, and working with them to grow and develop the sport.
- Brand and Marketing: ensuring the effective presentation of the brand across World Sailing owned and wider stakeholder touchpoints, working to make sailing more visible, easier to understand, more relevant to more people, more accessible and more sustainable.
- Hospitality: delivering experiential hospitality packages for key partners at World Sailing’s elite sailing events.
To support the Director of Brand and Marketing across:
- To work closely with the Director of Brand and Marketing to manage key partnerships, covering all aspects of account management and contract delivery, including project management, financial tracking, work-in-progress reporting, evaluation and planning.
- To support the effective implementation of partner brands and assets across World Sailing touchpoints and events, in accordance with partner contracts, ensuring partner rights are delivered and protected, and assets are used in the right way internally and externally.
- To support the Director of Brand and Marketing and Commerical Director in the creation of collateral for the onboarding of new partnerships, identifying key opportunities for collaboration and activation tailored to prospective partner objectives.
- To play a key role in the planning and delivery of bespoke corporate hospitality programmes and guest management fulfilment for partners at World Sailing owned and special events, including planning, setup and management of hospitality ‘Home of Sailing’ lounge and on water activations.
- To manage the creation of supporting documentation to enable partners to sell programmes internally, including marketing collateral, templates, presentations etc.
- To support the planning and delivery of programmes of activity at World Sailing Conferences, as required. This could include supporting delegate registration and database management, AV support, content management, social events, logistics and partner activation.
- To support the team on a broad range of marketing, branding and partner activation requirements and projects, as required. This could include consumer and event impact research studies, merchandise creation, the eSailing World Championship, digital replatforming etc.
- To provide on-event team support, requiring regular international travel.
- To support effective internal and external stakeholder engagement associated with delivery of all above, including liaising with external partners and suppliers to deliver key projects.
This is a role that will require a broad skill set in all aspects of account management, marketing and event delivery. The Director of Brand and Marketing requires support in delivering an extensive annual programme of activity. This role will therefore require a can-do attitude to getting work done, the ability to multi-task, prioritise and time plan effectively, and the intuitive understanding of what it takes to deliver a broad list of requirements under pressure and to a high standard.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Brand and Marketing, as well as the Commercial Director. This is a role where responsibilities touch on all aspects of World Sailing’s activities and partnerships, so you will need to build effective relationships internally and externally with a broad stakeholder family.
Excellent communication skills, very high attention to detail and a focus on high standards of delivery are all essential. Alongside proactively planning, you must be able to react swiftly to changing circumstances, both using your initiative and taking direction as required.
As a team, we are very hands-on. We are all prepared to roll up our sleeves and get the job done – everything from creating high-end presentations for our partners, to ensuring the coffee machines are working in the hospitality lounge. A keen eye for ‘what good looks like’ is crucial.
Relationships & Interfaces
Strategic reporting to:
- Line Manager – Director of Brand and Marketing
Support & Guidance to:
- Wider Commercial, Marketing and Communications teamKey Partners
- Event hosts
- World Sailing staff
Personal Attributes & Experience
- 3-5 years previous experience working in Marketing and Events
- Experience delivering large, broad programmes of activity, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience delivering hospitality or other social events
- A track record for meeting and exceeding goals within strict timeframes
- Excellent command of written English (official language of World Sailing)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication ability, both verbal/presentation and in writing
- Attention to detail, e.g. grammatical, spotting mistakes, ensuring publication of correct information
- Ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of work streams
- Ability to work within digital platforms such as guest management systems, event app or rights management toolkits
- Event production and AV knowledge helpful, however, not essential
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships at all levels
- Strong project management, budgeting and planning skills
- Comfortable working irregular hours and extensive international travel
- Languages: A second European language is helpful
- Full driving licence
- Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign) would be an advantage