Maps & Drawings Manager
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM.
We are seeking a highly stress-resistant, confident and pro-active Maps and Drawings Manager to help support the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.™
The role involves working as a part of the Technical Services team in Qatar and in partnership with the FIFA Maps and Drawings (MAP) department (based in Zürich), to facilitate workflow and operations within the host country.
We are looking for a dynamic manager with the outstanding skills, experience and personality to quickly integrate into a fast-paced, challenging and exciting environment.
- Managing and producing a wide range of operational maps & drawings for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. Drawings will focus on space & area allocation and the visualisation of operational planning.
- Collecting a wide range of detailed technical information from Q22/FIFA internal FA (Functional Areas) and external (Host Country, Service Providers) stakeholders.
Project management and coordination
- Representing Q22 and FIFA Maps & Drawings within the Host Country and taking the lead on specific projects.
- Organising and participating in regular review meetings to discuss and process changes to Maps & Drawings.
- Coordinate with FIFA MAP the allocation and management of BIM 360 licenses within the Q22 organization and act as a resource for account issues support.
- Direct the Q22 MAP team workflow in support of core deliverables and key customer requirements.
- Managing the FA out-of-scope request process and providing external resource advice, as required.
- Continuous consultancy and monitoring the performance of external stakeholders (in particular, the Host Country) with regards to:
- Drawing requirements, standards and production schedules.
- Raw data acquisition against submission deadlines, processing and production
- Ensuring a consistent quality standard, set-up and structure across all drawings.
- Making sure that Maps & Drawings are up to date, stored and correctly distributed in the relevant format.
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified construction draftsman
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction (preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience in generating technical maps & drawings (including experience working for international sporting events)
- Excellent organisation, time-management and administrative skills (maintaining a highly efficient approach at all times)
- Strong attention to detail (high standards for quality)
- Work experience with design and planning tools, vector graphics editing and 3D modelling
- AutoCAD (proficiency required)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (proficiency required)
- Revit (proficiency)
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- English fluency (required) and additional language proficiency (preferred)
- Site planning and event related experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience with online collaboration tools BIM360, SharePoint, et al. (required)