uniqFEED is seeking a highly skilled MD to join a fast-paced start-up company entering a crucial period of growth. Your role will be fundamental in evaluating and executing our sales approach, and thus rapidly growing and broadening our client base
Managing Director US MD – f/d/m – 100%
A dynamic workplace providing next-gen technology and marketing solutions for the sports, events and broadcasting industry. For this new position, we are seeking - for our US subsidiary uniqFEED USA Inc. in New York - applications from experienced and skilled candidates who are imaginative, energetic and passionate about working in a fast-paced environment as the company enters an ambitious development and growth stage.
The company. The people. The mission.
uniqFEED provides virtual advertising solutions for the live sports industry. By overlaying perimeter boards with targeted virtual signage in sports venues, our software helps to create entirely new broadcast revenue streams and hence transforms the commercial model of live events. As the audience comprises a wide range of target groups – on a national, but more so international and global level – tailoring advertising content to specific target markets, fan and consumer segments offers huge untapped commercial potential. Our company provides a broad range of additional services ranging from digital carpets to real-time reporting and post-production concepts.
uniqFEED is looking to expand into new markets with a special focus on Europe and Asia. Employees at uniqFEED work hard, support each other and are constructive challengers. Our employees embody a work ethic founded on collaboration, integrity and respect in an environment that promotes a performance culture and rewards achievement. We employ brilliant minds from over 20 different nationalities who are eager to harness their passion for sports and technology in order to strengthen uniqFEED’s position as a leading provider of virtual advertising in the sports industry and prepare the company for growth.
What we're looking for:
A dedicated professional who can hit the ground running. uniqFEED is seeking a highly skilled MD to join a fast-paced start-up company entering a crucial period of growth. Your role will be fundamental in evaluating and executing our sales approach, and thus rapidly growing and broadening our client base. Responsibilities? Key to this role is strong leadership to establish, develop and lead all business activities in the US. You are reporting to the CEO & Founder at uniqFEED HQ in Glattbrugg/Zurich, Switzerland, and your remit will include the following key responsibilities:
- Accountable for effective sales and business development in the US sports market
- Enabling and facilitating strategic partnerships within the U.S. sports and broadcasting industry
- Providing industry experience and insights into overall strategic planning
- Aligning commercial planning objectives with overall business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting
- Achieving commercial objectives for sales revenue and profits within the US baseball and soccer market as well as other strategic markets in future
A distinct set of hard and soft skills. You have an interest in sports, media, and the broadcast industry. You are a motivated individual who excels at organization and communication and whose planning and execution skills are second to none – someone who is always two steps ahead of the game. Thriving in this position, you remain unfazed by last-minute changes to plans. You don’t go with the flow – you define the flow and as a motivator, you are fun to work with. Ideally, you bring the following to the position:
- 12-20 years of experience working in a leadership role with exposure within or to C-level management in an international environment; ideally experience in one of the following industries: virtual advertising (distinct advantage), sports, media, or related creative environment
- Outstanding business acumen, including knowledge of US sports ecosystem
- Experienced in scaling up ventures
- Approachable leader personality with finely honed social skills, familiar with working with people from varying backgrounds in an intercultural environment that reflects openness to diversity
- Proactive and exceptional in establishing strong partnerships
- Proven negotiation skills
- Native English speaker, in spoken and written business communication
- Spanish is a plus
- Willingness to travel
What's in it for you:
Aside from the rewarding nature of the role, the people, the start-up culture, there are other perks that make uniqFEED a great place to work. Taking on a role in a fast-growing company, working closely with the CEO & Founder as well as the experienced Board of Directors and having the opportunity to become a core member of a reputed executive team are just a few of the upsides to working with us. The CEO recognizes that success is accredited to talented and hardworking key members, and he is interested in recruiting new leadership who will deliver and exceed on expectations and set a fast pace. These efforts will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and further benefits such as our phantom stock option plan (PSOP). If this opportunity sparks your interest, please submit a complete application, including CV, cover letter, testimonials, and diplomas via the button below in an email application.