Manager, Hospitality Sales - Kai Tak Sports Park
SPORTFIVE is a global sports marketing agency that delivers customer-centric solutions based on trust and transparency, deep industry experience and global relationships, digital intelligence and innovation. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rights-holders, media platforms and fans to create and enable contemporary partnerships in sports.
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
In Asia, SPORTFIVE has over 30 years of proven performance with offices in Singapore, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul. The industry leading agency specialises in delivering a comprehensive range of solutions and services for brands, right-holders and fans across the whole value chain. With dedicated teams focused on media and brand-led sales, content production, turn-key event management, design studio, digital marketing and activation, SPORTFIVE is well placed to support brands and rights-holders in creating valuable partnerships in the region.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events and many more.
Overview of Position
SPORTFIVE is seeking a Sales Manager of Hospitality to execute elements of the commercial program for the new Kai Tak Sports Park located in Hong Kong.
Kai Tak Sports Park is a Design, Build and Operate project funded by the Hong Kong SAR Government for the development and operation of a sports, leisure and entertainment complex over a 28 hectare site at the former Kai Tak International Airport. Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd (KTSPL) has been awarded the contract to undertake this project. ASM Global, through its subsidiary company in Hong Kong, SMG China, has been engaged by KTSPL to be the Operator of Kai Tak Sports Park. Sportfive HK Ltd. is the Commercial Rights Services Provider for Kai Tak Sports Park Ltd.
This individual will report to the Senior Sales Manager of Hospitality and be responsible for sales of hospitality products at Kai Tak Sports Park.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong direct selling, deal closing, and client management skills and experience.
- Generate sales leads and revenue for Kai Tak Sport Park’s future hospitality program (i.e. Corporate Suites, Loge Boxes and Premium Seats) in order to achieve the agreed sales targets.
- Initiate sales opportunities via channels including but not limited to:
- Telephone engagement (including targeted cold calling)
- Digital media engagement
- Social media prospecting / networking
- Leveraging existing personal and business networks
- Networking via industry events across many sectors
- Face to Face meetings
- Work closely with the Senior Sales Manager to build an effective/creative sales strategy (i.e. defining timing, cost, sector, activity, resource, promotion) to achieve the agreed sales targets while professionally promoting KTSP in the marketplace.
- Positively support the Senior Sales Manager regarding key related areas which are important for the success of the hospitality program. Examples include:
- Manage and track sales pipeline progress using the internal CRM system
- Work with different internal departments (including the client servicing team, operations, finance) to ensure a premium customer experience delivery.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends/best practice, share customer feedback and recommend new initiatives that can develop the hospitality program and enhance the overall membership experience (increasing renewals and loyalty).
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above with over 5 years sales experience.
- Preferably with both B2B and B2C business development experience in the fields of membership engagement / hospitality / sports / entertainment.
- Proven sales track record including positive references from relevant industries.
- A strong understanding of the Hong Kong market and business landscape, preferably with a diverse established business network.
- Excellent sales presentation, communication, coordination and project management skills to mobilize all aspects of the organisation’s resources to achieve KTSP’s business goals.
- Strong business negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Excellent business/customer needs insight with the ability to develop solutions based on customer preferences/requirements.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with a positive ‘can-do’ spirit in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy, outgoing personality who can deliver results under pressure.
- Spoken/written Cantonese and English language skills are a must; Mandarin is a plus.
- This role is located on site at our Hong Kong office.