Manager Customer Service Europe (m/f/d)
The Manager Customer Services EMEA (m/f/d) is a confident leader who is able to manage a team. This person is responsible for outlining strategic regional targets, ensuring the highest level of quality is met and cultivating a comfortable and productive working environment, among other duties.
The Manager Athlete Services will need to inspire staff to enable them to perform at their best and keep them motivated at all times, requiring excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our IRONMAN Europe, Middle East and Africa business and based in Liederbach, Germany we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent German and English speaking:
Manager Customer Service Europe (m/f/d)
The Manager Customer Service EMEA is responsible for overseeing the Transfer, Withdrawal and Deferral Policy, from the setup of online registrations form, processing filled in requests, website management, athlete queries, athlete communication via e-mail and telephone. They must work closely with Athlete Services Team, Financial Team, Marketing Team and Licensees to ensure a smooth process for athlete movements.
- Team Responsibilities (Leading and coordinating of staff members, manage workload and keep overview across region
- Defining & overseeing Policies & Standards to achieve high Service Level across all brands (IRONMAN, MTB, Trail)
- Create manuals and processes for the team
- Provide team with guidance how to deal with exceptional cases
- Provide excellent Customer Service to our athletes by email and on the phone
- Administration and maintenance of the online registration tool (Active) and the athlete database (CRM)
- Take the lead in Athlete Services Project across the region
- Event related duties as for example Coordinate with Marketing Team for Race openings and priorities
- Work close with athlete services team for owned and licensed events to enforce standards and policies across the region
Your excellent communication skills written, and verbal qualify you to work with the athlete service department. Independent working, flexibility, reliability and the ability to work under pressure and solve problems are self-evident for you. To be part of our events guarantee you an exciting and diversified working climate.
- High level of customer service
- Bachelor Degree or vocational school ideally in administration, economy, sport or endurance/event business
- 2-4 years in customer service experience or sport event area
- Relevant experience through internships or voluntary work in sport events and or customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm und pressure
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Organization and time management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Active & Office 365
- Experience with data processing using a database system
- Language skills: English is a must, other languages useful
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A fix-term contract (beginning December 1st, 2021) will be made based on a full-time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application in German or English including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested?