Major Events Delivery Manager
Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has been EDGE ‘Move’ certified since January 2022. EDGE certification is the international reference standard for organisations in terms of gender equity. The UCI is the first international sports federation to be EDGE ’Move’ certified. Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
Reporting to the Head of Olympic Games and Major Events, the Major Events Delivery Manager will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery to a high standard of the UCI Cycling World Championships and the UCI Emerging countries World Championships or any other identified event hosted on a 4-year cycle. This includes support for UCI involvement in events such as the Olympic Games and certain related qualification events, Youth Olympic Games, the Paralympic Games.
Responsibilities and mains tasks:
- In collaboration with external stakeholders and UCI collaborators, manage and coordinate events planning and delivery for the UCI Cycling World Championships, the UCI Emerging countries World Championships, also including planning of UCI involvement in the Olympic Games, Youth Olympic Games, and the Paralympic Games
- Plan, attend, and ensure the timely follow-up of the events preparation meetings and debriefings together with the Head of Olympic Games and Major Events, including specific cross-departmental preparation meetings, and the coordination of various services for events in which the UCI has specific event delivery responsibilities
- Represent the UCI as needed during pre-event site visits
- Monitor and facilitate communication between the organising committees, related organisations and the relevant UCI staff / departments
- Ensure planning for the UCI delegation attending these events (accommodations, transportation and accreditations)
- Manage post-event follow-up such as debriefings, closure of accounts, post event reports, and transfer of knowledge to the next organisers
- Support the preparation of the documents required for UCI management committee, commissions, project
- reviews, technical meetings, conference calls and sports workshops together with sports department administrative staff.
- Higher professional experience in the sports sector, cycling more specifically
- Significant professional experience in the planning, organisation and delivery of major cycling events such as cycling world championships is of key importance to succeed in this role
- Significant project management experience related to cycling event planning and management
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage several files simultaneously
- English mother tongue, French an asset
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work alone and within a team
- Motivated, curious, open and flexible
- Good interpersonal skills
- Available to travel and work at weekends.
Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has been EDGE ‘Move’ certified since January 2022. EDGE certification is the international reference standard for organisations in terms of gender equity. The UCI is the first international sports federation to be EDGE ’Move’ certified.
Start date: Immediately or to be agreed
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please add covering letter, CV, employment references and qualifications.