Local Marketing Manager (UK)
The Local Marketing Manager (m/f/d) is responsible to create strategic marketing plans for our events, brands and series within IRONMAN and to foster relationships with different local stakeholders.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our UK and Ireland region, based in Abingdon, UK we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking
Local Marketing Manager (m/f/d)
- Create comprehensive, strategic marketing plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets and manage their implementation.
- Manage a country-specific marketing budget.
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements.
- Forge partnerships with local stakeholders including media, federations, sponsors and industry peers.
- Participate in host city stakeholder management, facilitate associated marketing obligations and support Operations team with community liaison and communications.
- Work closely with functional leads within the EMEA and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
- Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets
- Develop content, campaigns and maintain social media accounts for portfolio.
- Develop and execute media and PR plan to achieve positive brand and event coverage for country.
- Facilitate event weekend media, PR and social media schedules to output high quality content and endorsements.
- Seek opportunities for brand marketing, lead generation and athlete development in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years marketing experience
- Data driven, excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A contract will be made based on full-time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested?