Local Marketing Manager (Germany)
The Local Marketing Manager (m/f/d) is responsible to create strategic marketing plans for our events, brands and series within IRONMAN and to foster relationships with different local stakeholders.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our DACH region, based in Liederbach, Germany we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent German and English speaking
Local Marketing Manager (m/f/d)
- Create comprehensive, strategic marketing plans which successfully meet volume and profitability targets and manage their implementation.
- Manage a country-specific marketing budget.
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements.
- Forge partnerships with local stakeholders including media, federations, sponsors and industry peers.
- Participate in host city stakeholder management, facilitate associated marketing obligations and support Operations team with community liaison and communications.
- Work closely with functional leads within the EMEA and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
- Develop a keen understanding of regional and local markets
- Develop content, campaigns and maintain social media accounts for portfolio.
- Develop and execute media and PR plan to achieve positive brand and event coverage for country.
- Facilitate event weekend media, PR and social media schedules to output high quality content and endorsements.
- Seek opportunities for brand marketing, lead generation and athlete development in collaboration with the broader marketing team.
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 4 years marketing experience
- Data driven, excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Native level German communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A contract will be made based on full-time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application in German or English including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested?