Lecturer (Golf Coaching Education)
Established in 1901, The PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its’ Members through its’ strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. We deliver industry and academic-focused programmes for aspiring PGA Professionals and industry professionals and are proud collaborative partners with the University of Birmingham and the University of Highlands and Islands. The PGA’s unique programmes are the only education routes that lead to membership of the world’s oldest PGA.
About Our People and our Culture:
Our values of being professional, respectful, supportive and acting with integrity are reflected in our people and at the heart of all we do. Our tradition and heritage are important as we embrace new ways of working. Some of our roles offer flexible ways of working and we are currently trialling hybrid working across many of our roles.
What We Offer:
Up to 25+ days annual leave and a holiday purchase scheme; Pension Scheme with a 5% Employer Contribution; After a qualifying period access to our Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection Scheme, Life Assurance and Company Sick Pay Schemes; 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for your mental, financial and physical wellbeing; Free Car Parking; Access to tailored learning opportunities though our bespoke platform; and a discount scheme offering savings on shopping, leisure and dining.
Working with a dynamic academic team, delivering a range of golf coaching modules on higher education programmes, primarily at levels five and six. The successful candidate’s role would include:
Leading a range of golf coach education modules across our academic programmes
Maintaining a tutor workforce to deliver coaching related training and education, as well as deliver golf coaching lectures across programmes
Designing, producing, coordinating, marking & moderating of assessments
Designing, producing and maintaining e-learning materials
Working closely with industry experts and undertaking research to help ensure learning materials remain cutting-edge and that programmes continue to be ground-breaking
Education/Qualifications/Key Competences/Personal Profile
- Being educated to graduate level in a relevant subject area
- Have an understanding of all aspects of golf coaching
- Previous coaching experience
- Computer literate
- Previous experience as a lecturer in further or higher education
- Experience of e-learning production, as well as experience of using learning management systems, would be desirable
How to Apply:
1. Full description at the bottom of this role posting.
2. Send your CV with a cover letter that very clearly details how you meet the role requirements listed above and those within the job description. Your covering letter is an important part of the application process and provides you with an opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants.
The closing date for applicants is 12 noon, 2 September 2022, interviews will take place at the PGA National Headquarters, date TBC. If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application please let us know.