Lead Venue Planner
The Lead Venue Planner will play a key role in assisting the Organising Committee's Venue Management (VMA) team in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of venue and event planning, and the overall delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. The purpose of this role is to work with Functional Areas (FAs) and Stakeholders to resolve any challenges which have arisen from the second and third iterations of Venue Operational Planning (VOP) and to lead the Venues through the operational planning process, whilst carrying out various other Games planning duties.
- Develop, and apply cross-venue planning principles and service levels that will ensure efficient, effective and co-ordinated planning and delivery of competition venues.
- Develop, document and use venue operational planning documentation including templates and planning tools.
- Liaise with the FAs involved in operational planning to ascertain FA key dates and subsequently manage the detailed program plan for assigned Birmingham 2022 venues to ensure the completion of VOP deliverables on time and in accordance with interdependent work streams.
- Create and produce, in association with the Cluster Venue Manager, venue specific operational planning documentation and presentations.
- Facilitate the integration of the operational plans, or equivalent, of each of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee FAs required to operate at the venue(s) to ensure the completion of venue planning work streams including the development of Venue Operations Manuals, Contingency plans etc.
- Play a lead role in the integration of FAs into the planning process and ensure FA requirements are met and that appropriate trade-offs are made where required.
- Prepare Games-time venue documentation including Daily Run Sheets, Radio Fleet maps and Pre-Event Checklists.
- Liaise with Venue Development and Overlay and the Sport FAs in monitoring venue design, ensuring design meets venue operational needs, and can operate in a safe and secure manner.
- Develop and manage relationships with key venue stakeholders, both internal and external, including venue owners, councils, licensing authorities, emergency services.
- Lead the venue team in desktop and simulation readiness exercises, assist with venue specific requirements of verifying content, delivering and evaluating the plans.
- Represent the Organising Committee's interest in external stakeholder and project team meetings.
- Significant experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering venue and event operations.
- Understanding and delivery of quality client service.
- Proven record of managing successful and varied teams on large, complex projects.
- An understanding of resource management procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on proven event experience.
- Ability to successfully manage the demands of a constantly changing venue operations environment.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.