FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the Football World Cup 2022.
The overall purpose of the Language Manager is to ensure the concept of operations and strategic planning of the Language Support function for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and all the supplementary events; are developed and implemented. Language Support Services includes: written translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpretation, remote interpretation center management.
- Develop and coordinate of Language support services concept and align it with key stakeholders.
- Organise provision of Language support services during the FWC and supplementary events.
- Establish working relations with key stakeholders.
- Control and coordinate Language support layouts and equipment located at venues
- Participate in the relevant tender and procurement procedures to select Language support suppliers and interpretation equipment suppliers.
- Organise and control the efficient system of recruiting and training of language support staff and volunteers.
- Interact with all the Football World Cup customer groups and stands as the main contact with respect to the Language support services.
- Interact with all the Football World Cup internal functions and stands as the main contact with respect to the Language support services.
- Participate in the budgeting process and control the Language Support budget execution.
- Project reporting, post-Event debriefing for the Language Support project across all Venues.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum experience of 4 years in Language support services at international sport events.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of event planning and event project management processes is an added benefit.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Must be fluent in English, other languages are an added benefit.
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change.