IT Project Manager
Sports Travel and Hospitality is a global leader in the creation of premium spectator experiences through unique and innovative travel and hospitality programs at sporting events.
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for of the delivery and implementation of software application projects, software integrations and build & launch of Ecommerce platforms. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing business, looking to expand their team with driven talent with a desire to progress.
IT Project Manager - UK
12-month Fixed Term Contract
Hours - 40 hours per week
Working in a global timezone - must be flexible and work between 7am - 8pm
- Build and update Business Case for the initiative(s)- including goal, objective, scope and estimated budget and get it signed off by Project Sponsor and Finance
- Build Project Plan for each initiative (include milestones, estimated timeline and assess resources required)
- Get Project Plan reviewed and signed off by Project Sponsor and update it as activities develop and are confirmed (include risk and issue limitation, assess dependencies and limitations
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the systems integration process, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations
- Plan and coordinate testing and validation activities to ensure the stability and performance of software implementations
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to address any pre and post-integration or implementation issues and provide necessary support
Key experience required
- Proven track record of the delivery and implementation of software application projects, software integrations and build & launch of Ecommerce platforms
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders located in different time zones Soft Skills
- Able to effectively, coherently communicate with senior management projecting gravitas and confidence. Provide clear directions and have a sense of ownership
- The ability to lead, provide servant leadership and to be also a member of a global team supporting and setting high level of professionalism
- The ability to prevent roadblocks and to know when to escalate issues; have a high level of problem- solving skills to drive remediation of issues whilst constantly aiming to deliver against the KPI’s
- The ability to manage Change and set expectations with stakeholders and set accountability
- A passion to deliver the very best service to the business. This will include an understanding of quality improvement methodologies in day- to- day project tasks and initiatives
- Willingness and availability to work outside of normal hours to support project deliverables
- Innovative and proactive
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver
- Team Player
- Drive for results
- Adaptability - ability to cope with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication with an ability to negotiate and influence.
- Strong organisational and leadership that translate into good project management skills
STH partners with event owners to make the biggest sporting events in the world even better! From the Olympic Games in London and Tokyo, the Cricket World Cup in England & Wales to the Rugby World Cups in Japan, England, New Zealand and France, our award-winning team cover the globe to create travel and hospitality programmes with one simple ambition – to leave sports fans knowing they have just been part of an experience of a lifetime
With offices in London, Tokyo, Auckland and Melbourne. Throughout our various infrastructures, we are underpinned by incredible shareholder Sodexo, enabling a truly global reach and service offering.
Through joining STH, you can be part of a motivated, high-performing team that thrive on the excitement of working to bring fans to the heart of the action at the biggest sporting events in the world. We have a collaborative and driven culture, that thrive on collective success and empowerment. We endorse cross regional working wherever possible to elevate knowledge sharing and skills application, which creates a truly global network that maximises our external reach but also our internal relationship and development opportunities.
At STH, we consider our team members our primary asset, so we work hard to ensure our working environment is progressive and people focussed. This enables us to track and record strong engagement rates and high internal development and progression statistics, with a targeted focus on ensuring we retain that very best talent, sustaining our industry leading service standards.