We’re looking to recruit an Intelligence Researcher, to join the Intelligence & Investigations team, under the Operations directorate. This role will work within the Intelligence and Investigations team, working to undertake a variety of duties including data entry and developing a first-tier research summary for any new intelligence received into the unit, using a variety of information sources.
To ensure doping-free sport, promoting and protecting clean sport through education, testing and enforcement.
Integrity – We do what is right for clean sport, we are equitable and ethical, ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Collaboration – We work together and with others, sharing knowledge and building relationships to better tackle doping.
Excellence – We strive to achieve high standards in the protection of clean sport, evolving with the times and finding solutions.
Passion – We are dedicated to keeping sport clean, are proud of what we do and know it matters.
You will be responsible for working closely with the rest of the Intelligence and Investigations unit to collate information, provide intelligence research and analytical support to ongoing operations. Specifically, some duties include:
• Collaborate with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives
• Gather information from a range of sources to understand situations, ensuring it is reliable and accurate
• Actively contribute within meetings in a clear, concise, and relevant manner
• To assist the team by providing administrative support, including the completion of accurate meeting notes
• Provide research support to the analysts
• Assess intelligence reports in a timely manner
• Use information sources and OSINT to develop new intelligence received into the Intelligence and Investigations unit
• Creating information forms, accurate intelligence reports and timely information requests
• Promote and support the flow of information from within UKAD, particularly the Protect Your Sport project
• Maintain internal relationships to ensure two-way information sharing at an operational level
• Comply with internal guidance and data sharing protocols in relation to the
• collection, recording, evaluation, sharing, review, retention, and disposal of data
• Experience of managing sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner
• Experience of intelligence research techniques
• Experience of open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT) including social media platforms
• Proven capability to plan and carry out activities in an orderly and well- structured way, working within appropriate policy and procedures
• Experience of communicating and presenting to a variety of levels of seniority and backgrounds (internal and external)
Ideal, not vital
• Experience of working in an intelligence or equivalent environment, with an ability to recognise, gather and develop intelligence product
• Experience of analytical tools such as i2
• Good awareness of the National Intelligence Model and the associated processes
• Good awareness of the Freedom of Information Act, GDPR and the Data Protection Act
• Accuracy and good attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills, including full competence in the use of MS Office
• Participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the achievement of goals
• Demonstrable critical and creative thinking skills