Integrated Programme Planner - Games Services
Closing Date - 07/03/2021
Birmingham 2022 is looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to contribute to the success of the Games through providing programme oversight and ensuring integrated planning activities for the Functional Areas of the Workforce and Games Services Division.
The role will provide support to the Executive Director of Workforce and Games Services and will ensure that the programme management effort is thorough and complete, providing updates on risks and issues and ensuring dependencies are identified and followed through.
The role will work in close conjunction with the central Programme and Integrated Planning team, ensuring priorities the wider OC are translated into actions and reporting from the WGS division.
This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to support a new and innovative way in planning and delivering the Commonwealth Games; supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, challenging previous Games 'norms' and supporting the OC to be efficient and effectively prepared for the Games.
The successful applicant will have an appetite for complex projects, with an ability to learn quickly and generate insight from existing information and experience. With exceptional inter-personal skills, they will have the initiative to work independently as well as within the wider team across a number of projects.
Work with the WGS functional areas and workstreams to add value and support their planning & delivery efforts, including but not limited to the following:
- Support tracking and reporting of progress of integrated WGS programme planning tasks - supporting the maintenance of Smartsheets programme plans, dependencies, risks and issues management and monthly Dashboard reporting to the central Programme Management team and the Executive
- Work closely with all WGS FAs to ensure that the OCs programme management methodologies are being followed and maintained and developed accordingly
- Supporting the refinement of the scope and delivery model for each of the WGS functions and workstreams to not only avoid scope gaps and overlaps but to also support optimised procurement and delivery outcomes
- Support the development of optimised Games time solutions, working with Functional Area experts to coordinate and facilitate the development of supporting analysis and documentation (eg. options assessment, technical and/or financial analysis, business cases, tender specifications, various governance forum and board papers)
- Help to prioritise tasks, and ensuring tasks are timely, appropriately focused, resourced and set-up for success
- Provide specific topic project and initiative support as required by the Executive Director of WGS
Skills & Experience Required
- Experienced at programme management
- Experienced at developing analysis and reports
- Strong communicator, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Strong Planner with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at synthesising complex information into well defined, and easily communicated plans for implementation
- Project management in a sport event context
- Experience in the planning and operation of a major sport event and/or multi-sport event environment
- Working in a complex stakeholder environment (public/private)
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.