Integrated Planning Manager - C3 Lead
An exciting and business critical opportunity has arisen at the Birmingham 2022, who are looking for an Integrated Planning Manager to lead on C3 at this time:
This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to support a new and innovative way in planning and delivering the Commonwealth Games; supporting the development of optimised Games time solutions, challenging previous Games 'norms' and supporting the Organising Committee to be efficient and effectively prepared for the Games. The OC is looking to add to its talented team a dynamic problem-solver who is adaptable and motivated by new challenges. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in scoping and initiating complex projects, with an ability to learn quickly and generate insight from existing information and experience. With exceptional inter-personal skills, they will have the initiative to work independently as well as to lead a small team across a number of projects.
To represent PIP, as the lead for Command, Coordination and Communication (C3) Planning and Delivery by working with CGF Partnerships, to support the OC's evolution from a 'corporate', office-based planning organisation with a centralised decision-making structure to a decentralised organisation, delivering operations simultaneously at multiple games locations by developing and implementing the Games time governance structure, known as the Command, Coordination and Communication (C3) structure. This will include:
- Working with partners to establish an integrated C3 model that puts in place effective protocols at Games time to facilitate effective coordination, reporting and decision making that enables time critical decisions to be made to support the overall success of the Games, whilst delivering against stakeholder expectations
- Supporting the evolution of planning phase forums into the Games-time C3 structures as applicable (eg. joint security, transport and communications groups)
- Defining the OC's C3 structure working with functional and venue teams
- Leading the design and delivery of the OC's Games Operating Centre (GOC), the communication and coordination hub for the OC's operations for the Games, including development and implementation of detailed operating plans and training
(Note it is envisaged that the central resources that will support the Games time operation of the Games Operations Centre (GOC) will be sourced from the same pool of multi-disciplinary resources who undertook integrated planning, programme management and readiness tasks in earlier phases of Games planning.)
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in the design and delivery of C3 models in a complex stakeholder environment
- Strong communicator, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Strategic planner with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at synthesising complex information into well defined, and easily communicated plans for implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- Excellent, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to influence others and manage relationships
- Experience in the planning and operation of a major sport event and/or multi-sport event environment including working in an operations control centre
- Previous sporting event experience
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.