Insight Officer - 6mth FTC
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
As part of the Behavioural Insight & Business Analytics (BIBA) team, conducting primary/secondary research and data analysis to generate insight which inspires, informs and enables evidence-based decision making at The FA.
Please note, this is a 6 month FTC role.
- Conduct both primary and secondary research and utilise analytical techniques on data collected / data held within the business to grow the organisations' knowledge of our industry and key audience groups
- Continue to deliver a Measurement and Evaluation programme across the 10 locations that hosted the UEFA Women's EUROs tournament in 2022, reporting both at a local and national level. Specifically, this involves:
- Liaising directly with stakeholders within each of the host cities to collect data on the performance and development of each of their Legacy plans
- Consolidate host-city data with internal participation data The FA holds
- Demonstrate performance against each Legacy ambition (as published here: https://www.thefa.com/competitions/uefa-womens-euro-2022/legacy-programme/about)
- Support the Insight & Analytics Managers (IAMs) and Behavioural Insight Lead (BIL) on the design, deployment, analysis and delivery of research and analytics projects for stakeholders across divisions within the organisation.
- With support from the Insight & Analytics Managers, lead and manage smaller-scale research and analytics projects end-to-end.
- Where appropriate, manage the tendering process and delivery of outputs of external research agencies.
- Support and drive the Insight and Analytics agenda across The FA
- Collaborating with other members of the BIBA team to ensure best practice principles are upheld and maintained
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
The role will be based at Wembley Stadium. Note, As per the below, The FA is currently operating hybrid working, with 2-3 days in the office and 2-3 days working from home.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in measurement and evaluation research incl. handling and analysis of large-scale, complex datasets
- Track record of delivering / supporting the delivery of multi-disciplinary primary research projects
- Track record of building relationships with stakeholders across different seniority levels and producing suitable outputs
- Working with and managing 3rd party agencies, incl. tendering/procurement process
- Understanding and identifying appropriate research methodologies and ways of measuring KPIs
- Using online survey software (especially Toluna Start) to script, host and generate data tables from online surveys
- Advanced numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Primary research skills, across both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Analytical skills, capable of working with and manipulating large-scale datasets (in Excel or other data processing software)
- Working with and interpreting third-party data and research reports
- Previous experience within the sport and/or events industry
- Previous experience of delivering measurement and evaluation research within the sport industry
- Statistical analysis e.g. conjoint, segmentations, drivers analysis, turf analysis, max diff etc.
- Has worked in a research agency / consultancy or within an in-house client-side research team and has gained direct experience aligned to essential research skills
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.