FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Immigration Coordinator supports the Immigration Manager in providing communications and administrative services for employee and guests for all immigration services ie. Work visas, business/visit visas and exit permits.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with key and operational government offices that include Ministry of Interior, Labour Department, Customs, Airport Authorities, and other Ministries and agencies, etc.
- Assist with the efficient processing and approval of requests and formalities.
- Process Government transactions throughout the online portals and systems and applications and organize visits to the authorities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure the timely and efficient processing of all relevant Government and immigration related processes.
- Secure all the required transactions for Government licenses.
- Process immigration requirements in the most effective and efficient manner to expedite recruitment of resources and on-boarding of new employees.
- Keep Human Resources and Administration updated with issues, risks, and status of Government and immigration processes and recommend solutions.
- Ensure that immigration procedures are completed in minimal time (Resident Permits, Driving Licenses, Visas, CEID procedures, etc.).
- Update and process staff information pertaining to immigration/residency accurately and on time.
- Any other related duties assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Government relations for an events company would be an advantage.
- University Degree in an appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education).
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) in English. Arabic is mandatory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with a diverse team.
- Experience in dealing with large, complex portfolios and organisations.
- Proven IT skills in the advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.