FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022™.
Under the guidance of the TV Operations Senior Manager, the IBC Manager is responsible for the co-ordination and management of all non-technical front and back-of-house services at the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) for the FIFA World Cup 2022™, from the planning and set-up phases through the installation and post-Event dismantling phases, as well as during the Event itself.
She or He must establish and maintain an excellent relationship with the Qatar 2022, Host Country and other relevant stakeholders, and contribute in the conservation of a smooth and efficient communication flow.
The IBC Manager, under the supervision of the TV Operations Senior Manager, shall be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating relevant local government certification processes for IBC overlay with IBC constructors
- Liaising with all relevant Q22 functional areas (accreditation, security, transport, catering etc.) to ensure IBC operational excellence for IBC users, with a focus on the highest levels of service for broadcasters
- Planning and coordinating the delivery of non-technical services at the IBC
- Acting as the on-site contact for all FIFA stakeholders including the Host Broadcaster (HB) and suppliers
- Managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day IBC operations (excluding broadcast and technical operations) interacting closely with the venue management team, security, and all key Host Country counterparts, suppliers and stakeholders
- Managing the relevant documentation procedure with the HB for the handover and handback of the venue, ensuring processes & procedures are communicated clearly in advance to all stakeholders
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of all office and working space needs at the IBC
- Planning and co-ordinating ancillary services with FIFA, the IBC venue management team, and Host Country counterparts to ensure the needs of all IBC users are met. Such services include security, medical, cleaning & waste, catering and emergency & disaster management
- Supporting the signage & branding team on the installation of the ‘look and feel’ of the IBC
- Coordinating with venue management, FIFA, and other stakeholders to ensure venue requirements are captured in the design of the ‘look and feel’; in particular directional & emergency signage
- Managing the response to all non-technical front and back-of-house issues at the IBC during the planning and construction phases, as well as during the Event itself
- Assisting with the installation, and supervision of, all Convenience services such as banking, convenience store, postal and courier service, customs broker, travel agency and car rental, hair and beauty salon, fitness centre and welcome desk
- Working closely with the Q22 event logistics team on day-to-day logistics issues, and co-ordinating logistical matters for IBC stakeholders
- Co-ordinating with the HB and service providers for the dismantling of IBC services in the temporary premises during the dismantling phase
- Co-ordination and supervision of the dismantling of all overlay put in place by the service providers, with exception of IBC broadcast temporary premises, including service booths, look and feel, signage, fences etc.
- Managing the Q22 IBC broadcast venue team.