Human Rights Manager
The Human Rights Manager is responsible for supporting the overall implementation of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Sustainability Policy and Strategy and the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC Sustainability Project, with a particular focus on human rights and sustainable sourcing initiatives.
- Support the implementation of the Sustainability Policy across relevant tournament projects.
- Coordinate the delivery of the Sustainability Strategy across functions and organisations particularly to ensure the achievement of the following objectives:
- Ensuring decent working and living conditions, and fair recruitment and repatriation, for tournament service workers
- Enabling a welcoming, respectful and safe tournament environment for all participants and attendees
- Enabling access to effective remedy for all football tournament right-holder groups including tournament service workers, participants, attendees, and supply chains
- Design and implement sustainable procurement practices that protect human rights in local and international tournament supply chains.
- Support the delivery of an accessible tournament for disabled people and people with limited mobility, and the promotion of cultural exchange among parties engaged with the tournament.
- Support the maintenance of an effective sustainability management system for the tournament in line with the requirements of ISO 20121, including the development and implementation of action plans and operational processes, capacity building, stakeholder engagement and communication, monitoring and evaluation of performance, and reporting and knowledge transfer.
- Work closely with FIFA Sustainability & Diversity staff based in Zurich and relevant teams within FIFA Football World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy to deliver jointly managed projects and activities.
- Assist the planning and coordination of meetings, workshops and site visits.