HR Business Partner
SPORTFIVE utilises the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialisation, full-service-solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and innovative spirit.
As market leader and with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business into the future through its innovative digital solutions and thereby always aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a diverse global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world.
We have an exciting new opportunity to support the growth activities within SPORTFIVE in the UK.
Reporting to the HR Manager and working in collaboration with the HR Advisor and key stakeholders across the business to develop and strengthen our UK HR framework. Provide a credible best practice HR service to managers and employees that drives a culture of high engagement and performance.
- Support with the effective delivery and improvement of all HR processes and procedures. Strengthening our platform that clearly and efficiently supports managers and employees with process flows for all key stages of the employee lifecycle from recruitment to a fully on-boarded engaged and developed employee;
- To aid the fast paced growth and development strategy of our business a key aspect of this role will be the ability to strategically manage a professional, organised and efficient recruitment and on-boarding process that attracts and retains top talent in the industry. Proficiency in utilising our existing, and identifying new, resourcing strategies and IT systems to aid these processes.
- Develop a continual on-boarding process that includes supporting effective UK relocation assistance.
- Support with the annual performance appraisal process, identifying and supporting the organization with development and reward activities.
- Undertake the development, review and implementation of people policies, practices and procedures that optimise productivity, adaptability and conformance to legal requirements, external best practice and innovative thinking.
- Effectively manage all employee life event processes such as all employment leave events, family leave, welfare, contractual changes, relocations, global transfers, visa process, personal queries and requests.
- Ability to support in the delivery and approval of the monthly payroll process.
- Supporting with a professional and respectful offboarding process.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to employees and managers on all HR matters, in line with policy, current UK employment legislation and guidance from HR Manager.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on employee relations cases.
- Support with the activities associated with structural organisation changes.
- Support in the drive and delivery of HR initiatives to support business needs, such as resource planning, talent development, communication and engagement, diversity, wellbeing and social responsibility.
- Build relationships with UK universities and careers providers to strengthen SPORTFIVE’S employability brand, strengthen our future talent and identify partnership opportunities.
- Work with the HR Advisor and UK Communications Associate to manage and identify effective internal employee communications, executing a clear effective launch of initiatives and requirements for the central intranet (HR Mixed Zone).
- Support with Global HR projects including the recruitment and development activities associated with Global Sales Organisation.
- Continually review and audit the accuracy and organisation of UK personal data within the Global HR Database, SAP Success Factors, design reports as and when required.
Experience & Skills
- Qualified CIPD Level 5 or above.
- Strong generalist HR experience gained in a high growth, change driven and innovative environment.
- Self-motivated, confident and an engaging approachable manner with a ‘can do’ flexible attitude to work requirements.
- Passionate about driving culture, values and engagement.
- Strong Recruitment and On-Boarding experience.
- Good knowledge of current UK employment legislation.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative and taking ownership for key areas of responsibility and projects.
- HR Professionalism – confidential, trusting and respectful attitude, ability to respectfully challenge, act as a critical friend, offer alternative solutions and take a pragmatic approach considering both the needs of the business, managers and employees.
- Strong organisational skills ability to multi-task, work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, manage and prioritise workload to achieve the timescales required.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, ability to clearly identify and understand the requirements of our key stakeholders and support with any challenging situations.
- Innovative and creative approach to raising the standards of all HR processes, procedures and policy in line with top industry best practice approaches and forward thinking ideas.
- Attention to detail, consistency and accuracy.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with employees and managers at all levels.
- Strong IT Skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – ability to analyse, interpret and display data and develop professional presentations.
- Experience of HR Databases preferably SAP Success Factors.
- Proactive networker within the HR industry bringing fresh new ideas and aiding the ability to research new projects both for the UK and Globally.
- You don’t need to come from a sporting background, just an interest, appreciation and understanding of our industry would help support you in the development and delivery of a value added HR service and particularly when supporting recruitment activities.
About Our People
We are proud that our SPORTFIVE team is exactly that – a united team of brilliant people who work together to ignite new possibilities in the world of sports and entertainment. With a truly global presence, our shared values inform the local excellence that is in the DNA of our brand and everyone who works here.
And we’re always on the lookout to welcome more passionate, collaborative colleagues into our team, bringing different skills, opinions, and experiences with them, regardless of who they are or where they come from. Because we know that creating an inclusive environment full of diverse voices will build a richer and better workplace for all of us, helping us achieve our goals now and in the future.
In whichever department, of whatever county or city you join us, you’ll be part of a dynamic, forward-thinking team that puts its people first, and fosters an open, challenging and supportive culture at all times. At SPORTFIVE everyone has the freedom to succeed, the freedom to make mistakes along the way, and ultimately the freedom to build the career that you choose in the exciting world of sports marketing. And we can’t wait to help you get there.
What We Offer
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious HR professional to join an organisation that invests and rewards heavily in its staff, provides an enjoyable working environment, and offers genuine scope to shape a role and add real value.
- SPORTFIVE strives to be a diverse, inclusive and values led place to work
- Personal development and guidance
- Competitive salary fitting to your skill set and experience
- Flexible hybrid working
- Private health and life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sociable and wellbeing activities
Apply now with your CV, please include your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations.
- This role is located on site at our Wilmslow office.
With the “Power of Five” - comprised of companies, rightsholders, media platforms, fans and our employees, our passion for sports marketing is firmly established in our brand. It is our mission to be the most progressive agency in the sports business and actively be involved in shaping the future of sports marketing.
Our range of services includes everything that has to do with sports marketing and ranges from consulting, virtual perimeter and stadium advertising, jersey sponsoring, international media rights and athlete marketing, to hospitality programmes, travel services and incentives, right up to digital solutions, such as apps, product innovations and creative sponsoring campaigns and activations. With this, we serve the entire value chain in sports marketing individually, based on the customer objective.