Saudi Motorsport Company (SMC) is the new and dedicated business entity established with the aim of integrating all motorsports related events under one umbrella. SMC has been driving the organization and delivery of Formula 1 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, Dakar Rally and Extreme E, as well as a range of another private and public events.
The main objectives of the Hospitality department are to showcase how unique and exceptional is the Saudi Hospitality but also to deliver extraordinary and innovative experience for the VIPs, commercial partners, invitees and Royals, competitors, media and staff.
As hospitality supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the project planning and operational delivery of a designated hospitality zone at one of events from SMC portfolio.
- Managing overall planning alignment across all hospitality program services and deliverables at a designated zone(s).
Location: Jeddah, KSA or Riyadh, KSA (multiple positions available).
Open to Saudi applicants.
Supervision of Hospitality Program in designated zone
- Under guidance of Hospitality Manager develop detailed hospitality operational plan for the designated zone. Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Review, challenge and agree vendor operating plans to ensure all food is prepared safely and to an extremely high standard as per service level agreements, operational plans and local legislation. Oversee plan implementation.
- Assist in the implementation of the operational readiness and risk management plan.
- Report and escalate significant changes to, or conflicts within the project.
- Drive and control the event time delivery of hospitality programme.
- Identify and suggest opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Retain a high degree of flexibility in the planning process and adapt the plans to ensure operational commitments are in line with key milestones.
Hospitality Catering Management
- Understand development and evaluation of food and beverage RFPs, creating service levels for catering vendors.
- Evaluate and supervise catering requirements including kitchen equipment, services, space and logistics
- Review, challenge and agree vendor’s operating plans to ensure all food is prepared safely and to an extremely high standard as per contract agreements, company policy and local legislation
- Assist Hospitality Manager to develop venue specific menus with vendors.
Hospitality Production and Design Management
- Assist in scoping spaces requirements of the hospitality zone(s): front of house and back of house spaces sizes, layouts and guest flows;
- Monitor delivery of catering technical requirements and MEP plans.
- Contribute to spaces design, set up and decoration according to approved mood boards, design renders, furniture and materials selection.
- Provide support to the Hospitality Manager in the delivery of the Hospitality operations at designated hospitality zone.
- Manage timelines and responsibilities in the relationship with the contracted vendors from award through implementation to completion of the contract.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the operations test and readiness plan.
Communication, Relationship management and Reporting
- Ensure the Senior Hospitality Manager and Hospitality Manager are kept informed of the progress of tasks and any issues, report and escalate significant changes to, or conflicts within the project
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, internal SMC functions and external stakeholders
- Degree in hospitality/event management/sport management or other related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in hospitality, catering or event management field.
- Advance use of English Language.
- Strong IT skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience of working with service providers is a plus.
- Displays a clear vision and proactively drives the scope implementation.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at any one time and prioritizes efficiently.
- Communicates effectively and coordinates his/her actions with the others.
- Takes accountability and ownership of risks and issues, searches solutions proactively and escalates issues for help as required.
- Resilient, calm and in control of emotions. Prepared to deal with stress.
- Motivated and proud to be part of the experience.
- Enthusiastic and displays keen interest in sport.
- Professionally focused and passionate about success of the programme.
- Professional and polite manner.
- Positive attitude and optimistic.
- Honest, open to challenge and prepared to take advice.
- Willing to think out of the box to deliver an innovative approach
- Possesses basic organizational skills and manages time effectively.
- Attentive to detail including maintaining work of the highest standards.