High Performance Manager
SERVICES: The ITTF wishes to retain the selected person, on a non-exclusive basis, to act as an independent consultant to provide to the ITTF the services described below.
REMUNERATION: The ITTF High Performance Manager will be paid a remuneration, based on skillset, experience, and place of residency.
The Consultant undertakes to respect all fiscal and social legislation, particularly those in force in their country of residence. In particular, the ITTF will not pay any social charges, as the Consultant is acting in an independent capacity.
CONSULTANCY PERIOD: The ITTF High Performance Manager position is offered for one year, with an evaluation period of three months.
LOCATION: The position will be home-based but it requires extensive international travel. Applicants should be willing to work as required to perform the agreed duties with excellence.
MANAGER: The ITTF High-Performance Manager will report to the High-Performance Elite Coach.
The ITTF High-Performance Manager will be in charge of different tasks, technical and administrative, within the High-Performance division that aims at establishing a high-performance orientation within the international table tennis community, with the objective to create and constantly develop conditions and opportunities for young promising players to reach the world top level. The High-Performance Manager shall work in both, with groups of identified talented players and also promising individuals that have already showcased their potential on international level, along with their coaches in order to maximize and fast-track the players’ development.
DUTIES: The primary duties will be related to the implementation of the ITTF High-Performance Program, in particular, but not limited to:
- Work in close cooperation with the High-Performance Division Team in respect to the implementation of the High-Performance Program, review its progress and report against Key Performance Indicators;
- Carry out different organisational tasks in relation to the High-Performance activities;
- Monitor the activities for players and coaches involved in High-Performance Program especially for the age categories of U12, U15, U18 and U21;
- Follow and monitor the activities related to the Scholarships, Training Grants etc.;
- Work within a wider team to strengthen the culture of Table Tennis and of the ITTF High Performance Program worldwide;
- Build and maintain relations with relevant stakeholders of the High Performance Program, for example, but not limited to International Institutions, National Associations, Clubs, Coaches etc.;
- Work as part of the ITTF High Performance & Development team, for example by providing content for educational initiatives, guidance to the High Performance activities implemented on continental level, etc.;
- Other duties as required by the High Performance Elite Coach or by the High Performance & Development Director.
Candidates for the position of ITTF High-Performance Manager should demonstrate:
- Relevant education and/or qualification in physical education and/or coaching;
- Extensive understanding and expertise in the areas of talent identification, talent development and high performance;
- Very good command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Good organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects;
- High motivation and strong result orientation;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to establish rapport with wide range of stakeholders;
- Sound Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
- Five years’ experience working within National/International sport at highest level;*
- Experience within the sport of Table Tennis especially in High Performance Analysis;
- Experience within racquet sports and in general with sports where individual skills are required;
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management, Physical Education or Development;
- Relevant experience in developmental psychology;
- Any publications in form of articles, videos, podcasts in the field of Table Tennis are considered a plus;
- Command of languages other than English is considered a plus.
*The position is open also to former players of good international level, including players in transition to their post-athlete career, looking for internship and/or first employment. In such a case the above experience criteria will be relaxed.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com and will only be accepted until 25th October 2019.
Due to the high number of candidate applications expected, only those who are shortlisted to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.