Health, Safety and Risk Advisor (Property)
The Football Association have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety and Risk Advisor (Property). This role will be responsible for ensuring that all property related undertakings at Wembley Stadium follow health and safety best practice, achieving legal compliance as a minimum, and are supported by the correct policies, procedures and documentation. You will be working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, this role will ensure that Wembley Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business-as-usual and event activities. The role plays a key part in implementing and developing the Football Association's Health and Safety Management system in line with the ISO45001 standard, to ensure legal compliance, minimise risk and promote a positive health and safety culture.
Please note that whilst we do operate within a hybrid working policy, this is dependant on the needs of the role. This position is usually required in the Stadium four days a week so please do bear this in mind when making your decision to apply.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure Wembley National Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business-as-usual and event activities.
- Act as the key point of contact for all venue property health and safety assistance, including Facilities Management, Capital Projects and Logistics.
- Provide health and safety leadership and advice.
- Ensure legal compliance as a minimum utilising tool such as risk registers, compliance inspections and audits, documentation reviews, procurement processes, and the permit to work system.
- Work proactively with stadium service providers to ensure they follow current health and safety best practice and conform to applicable standards.
- Be the conduit to enable external assessments of risk including fire risk assessments and external health and safety audits.
- Lead committees and meetings such as the Wembley Stadium Health and Safety Sub-Committee and Fire Safety Working Group in an efficient and constructive manner.
- Carryout site inspections with stakeholders to ensure areas of works are event-ready.
- Implement and develop the Football Association Health and Safety Management System.
- Write and review health and safety policies and procedures which are relevant, engaging and in-line with business strategy and priorities.
- Collaboratively assist departments with assessments of risks and controls, review incoming documentation, proactively providing constructive feedback ensuring all venue policies are adhered to.
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections, investigate adverse events to prevent reoccurrence, compile data for reporting to senior management.
- Implement measures to enable continual improvement of safety performance, establishing industry best practice, utilising a range of available resources.
- Facilitate external audits to the ISO45001 standard.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the stadium and FA group priorities.
- Deputise for other members of the H&S Team as required, potentially including event day responsibilities.
- Share best practice within the Health and Safety Team, including with H&S Advisor (Events) and H&S Advisor (St. Georges Park), providing assistance as required.
- Provide health and safety advice to the wider FA business where required.
- Any other reasonable additional tasks.
- As part of The FA's commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
- A strong technical knowledge of health and safety, shown through possession of a NCRQ, NVQ, or NEBOSH qualification or relevant experience.
- The ability to communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Construction Industry and/or Facilities Management Experience
- A sound understanding of health and safety legal requirements and their application, especially CDM 2015.
- A working knowledge of ISO45001.
- The ability to work flexibly on multiple projects, prioritise and multi-task.
- Highly proficient in a range of IT areas, including Microsoft Office and safety software programmes.
Beneficial to have:
- Graduate or Chartered Member of IOSH.
- Member of the Association for Project Safety.
- Experience of health and safety in the Events Industry.
- ISO 45001 Lead/Internal Auditor Qualification.
- Knowledge of fire hazards and controls and experience of fire risk assessments.
We are a diverse workplace, aspiring to represent football across the country. The Football Association actively promotes inclusion and diversity, encouraging you to be the best version of yourself at work.
We welcome applications from everyone and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process, please mention this during your application.