Health and Safety Advisor (CDM)
This role will have responsibility and accountability for planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring delivery of all aspects of Health & Safety (H&S) arrangements for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified H&S professional dealing with a multi-venue event.
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of effective policies, procedures, systems and services in relation to CDM 2015 and to provide and maintain the highest level of safety awareness, occupational health and injury prevention across all of the Organising Committee's (OC) VDO operations and functions.
The successful candidate will also lead and deliver a range of CDM assurance activities designed to support coordination, planning, implementing and monitoring of H&S. Included in this will be general advice, inspections, investigations and liaison with statutory authorities and other stakeholders.
Skills and Experience Required
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent qualifications in relevant field
- Relevant CDM Qualification or CPD Training
- First Aid qualified
- Experience and expertise in assisting an organisations evolution through several different phases of H&S implementation
- Experience in the planning and delivery of Health & Safety in the major event industry would be an advantage
- Experience in Venue Design, or operational management experience, preferably in a large-scale public facility
- IOSH Licensed Trainer
- Award in Education and Training (AET)
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS)
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS)
- Previous experience of working at major multi-sport or single sports event or events and/or in the direct provision of services for the sports, athletes, and/or officials at such events.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.