Head Sailing Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$833,280 to HK$1,874,880)
The HKSI works in close collaboration with the Hong Kong Sailing Federation (“HKSF”) in achieving the jointly defined goals of elite training. Therefore, while reporting to the Chief Executive, the incumbent is also responsible to the HKSF to ensure the following duties are satisfactorily conducted:
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of the Sailing elite training programme in line with the agreed training and competition aims of the HKSF and HKSI;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to the HKSF and to ensure a positive collaborative working relationship between the HKSF and HKSI;
- To lead the Sailing Department, managing coaching and administrative staff, ensuring that it operates effectively, efficiently and within the annual financial budget;
- To ensure that all scientific, medical and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the Sailing programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To create systematic opportunities for talent to emerge through related programmes;
- To contribute towards the overall development of coach education programmes which promote the development of local coaches;
- To provide professional and technical oversight of the HKSI Sailing facilities;
- To contribute to in-house and general media publications as requested;
- To contribute to the enhancement of the professional image of the HKSI; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;
- Over 10 years’ proven experience and achievement in coaching Sailing at international level;
- Substantial experience in leading programme planning and administration in Sailing;
- Demonstrated ability to utilise sports science and sports medicine to add value to the training and coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal/ analytical/ evaluation/ planning skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with international Sailing bodies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issue in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form with indication of your expected salary
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER