Head of Sales ASIA Pacific
SportBusiness works with sports organizations around the world unlock the full potential of their assets. Over the last 25 years we have earned the trust of a wide range of stakeholders in the industry. Teams, franchises, leagues and tournaments, sponsors, broadcast companies, agencies, venues, financial institutions, and universities have come to rely on the depth, accuracy and credibility of our information, data and analysis. Our portfolio consists of SportBusiness Media, the most trusted independent source of media rights values and deals globally, SportBusiness Sponsorship, a leading source of global sponsorship deal data and activation, and SportBusiness Professional, our daily news, insights, and opinion product for people in the industry. Alongside our regular reporting we provide business intelligence and advice to help our clients grow their businesses.
SportBusiness is at the heart of the business of sport, giving our clients the competitive advantage to compete globally.
An ambitious, energetic, and experienced Head of Sales to help manage our client development (retention) and new business across the Asia Pacific region, whilst also managing and mentoring the sales team based in Singapore. You will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy for the region – understanding regional differences, client needs and pain points, and prioritising relationships and open dialogue to identify and provide solutions. In addition, you will contribute to exploring and identifying additional commercial revenue streams for the business.
You will own.
- ASIA Pacific Sales targets, team performance, KPI reporting and forecasting
- New and Client Development (retention) business across our subscription services and data tools, research reports, bespoke data or intelligence projects, commercial partnerships including advertising, sponsored content, and communications packages
- Skilled prospecting by sourcing outbound leads daily sourcing of outbound sales leads and progressing inbound leads – qualifying the viability of potential sales and drawing up proposals, contracts and negotiating contract terms
- The use of our CRM system to record, in a timely manner, accurate details of our relationships with clients and prospects
- Understanding the needs of your prospects and business opportunities and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- The ability to build relationships in person, online and via phone – with an ability to demonstrate products and services
- Delivering against set commercial and productivity KPI’s - providing a weekly forecast of sales opportunities closing and provide an accurate overview of new business and retentions pipeline
- Scheduling of regular working meetings with Marketing and Client Services to provide feedback and discuss how to improve the current portfolio of services, review marketing campaigns and brainstorm new marketing initiatives
- Conducting regular market analysis, research, and competitor analysis
- Networking and attending industry events, conferences, and business meetings
- Thinking strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
You will bring.
- Sales management experience with the desire to progress your career further
- Min. 2 Yrs. B2B/B2C sales experience, preferably within a media, data, research, or business intelligence and consulting sales environment within the Asia Pacific region.
- Direct experience within the sport industry will be a plus
- A high-level of sales professionalism, with outstanding business development and sales skills
- Self-motivation, equally comfortable working of their own initiative and/or as part of a team, energetic, outgoing, initiative-taking, creative and have attention-to detail with tenacity, with a proven record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets
- The ability to creatively overcome obstacles, objection handling, negotiation & closing
- Good numeracy skills, diligence and strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent time management, you must organize and prioritize your activities to be successful
- A charismatic character, socially adept and a team player
- The willingness and ability to travel, including internationally on occasions
- Strong IT Fluency and familiarity with Salesforce a plus