Head of Marketing & Customer Experience
Location: Can be based out of any of our global offices - some travel will be required each year
Salary: £80,000 - £100,000 plus bonus and benefits
The Head of Marketing & Customer Experience will be responsible for leading the development, management and implementation of STH Group’s marketing, digital, data analytics and customer experience strategy.
This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing business, looking to expand their team with driven talent with a desire to progress.
This role will be a core part of a newly established Digital & Data Team which requires an experienced and innovative candidate who can collaborate with global team members to develop and drive our digital capabilities to optimise STH Group’s strategic priorities whilst supporting customer-centric focus.
The candidate will require an intrinsic understanding of the vitality of an innovative, effective and efficient approach to maximise capability of all STH Group’s customer focussed digital functions – ultimately underpinning a seamless and best-in-class customer experience.
STH Group partners with event owners to make the biggest sporting events in the world even better! From the Olympic Games in London and Tokyo, the Cricket World Cup in England & Wales to the Rugby World Cups in Japan, England, New Zealand and France, our award-winning team covers the globe to create travel and hospitality programs with one simple ambition – to leave sports fans knowing theyhave just been part of an experience of a lifetime. With offices in London, Tokyo, Auckland and Melbourne. Throughout our various infrastructures, we are underpinned by incredible shareholders including Sodexo Live!, Mike Burton Group and JTB, enabling truly global reach and service offering.
By joining STH, you can be part of a motivated, high-performing team that thrives on the excitement of working to bring fans to the heart of the action at the biggest sporting events in the world. We have a collaborative and driven culture, that thrives on collective success and empowerment. We endorse cross-regional working wherever possible to elevate knowledge sharing and skills application, which creates a truly global network that maximises our external reach but also our internal relationship and development opportunities. At STH, we consider our team members our primary asset, so we work hard to ensure our working environment is progressive and people-focussed. This enables us to track and record strong engagement rates and high internal development and progression statistics, with a targeted focus on ensuring we retain that very best talent, sustaining our industry-leading service standards.
- Uncover STH Group’s existing global marketing capability: strengths and gaps
- Create and implement STH's global marketing approach (aligning with Group Strategy + outlining roles and requirements across the spectrum of marketing needs, B2B / B2C)
- Define STH's brand strategy to boost brand awareness and develop strategies for multiple customer profiles ensuring the brand message is consistent across all channels; digital, social media, marketing materials and events etc.
- Employing a data-driven strategy to commercial marketing decisions, continuously undertaking consumer research and awareness, looking for ways to improve output and results and increase search engine dominance
- Coordinating market research, identifying new opportunities and utilising this data for targeted marketing campaigns
- Lead global marketing teams to build out marketing frameworks and advertising strategies to be shared across markets
- Be an integral part the Digital and Data Team and development of the group Data Strategy
- Work collaboratively with Global Business Development team to create USPs (e.g. Turnkey solution + new initiatives) and pitch for new partnerships/opportunities when they arise
- Work directly with existing rights holders to understand customer needs, fan needs and build plans to grow successfully
- Product pricing contribution - ensuring maximum value of all marketing budgets across the group in collaboration with the general managers
- Ensure appropriate controls are put in place for delivering marketing and communication campaigns agreed in the overarching strategy of the company against agreed budgets inclusive of efficient awareness of approval protocols
- Oversee content working with media agencies across all materials
- Working closely with STH Group’s operations, finance, HR, procurement and media agencies
- Managing and developing a vibrant team.
- Support global commercialisation activities through validating and contributing regional data and progress reports for all key consumer products with enablers and strategic partners, identifying patterns and trends in data sets as required
- Digital optimisation – With the other member of the Digital and Data team, lead programme of website optimisation initiatives to optimise site performance based on performance analysis, testing and latest competitor / industry developments
- Develop and deploy the Digital tools, processes, and rules that define how to manage, analyse, and act upon business data
- Understand and map the core business digital and data processes/data flows within the organisation to assist with maintenance or upgrades, overseeing the preparation of business cases for enhancements and modifications to existing systems and for new developments and opportunities
- In collaboration with other member of the Digital and Data team, ensure STH’s data management practice follow relevant security protocols and data protection regulations to ensure STH Group data is safe and handled in compliance with all applicable laws
- Design and deliver a digital governance framework with policies and standards and culminating in a ‘design playbook’, clearly articulating STH Group’s digital and technology standards, principles, policies and protocols
- Support Technology leads to appoint and manage all third-party website, software, system and platform suppliers, collaborating to leverage our global, regional and local vendors, suppliers and service provider relationships as required.
- Work alongside department heads efficiently and effectively, providing coherent application support and data quality assurance including developing and executing detailed training and development to team members as required.
- Proactively and innovatively design and deliver the full end to end consumer customer lifecycle, ensuring all end user technology, applications and products meet accessibility needs
- Drive the direction, implementation and management of efficient and successful e-commerce platforms and digital marketing applications and initiatives
- Maximise capability and functionality of CRM systems cross-departmentally
- To define the STH Group customer experience standards, principles, policies and protocols ensuring adherence to any developments in consumer regulation
- Deliver new digital products and enhancements to existing products to achieve improvements in online and offline customer journeys
- Optimising and developing processes to analyse data metrics to elevate the overall customer experience
- Owning and maintaining a standardised reporting framework to provide stakeholders with transparency on process performance, performance improvement opportunities and to quantify the value being realised
- Driving customer experience improvements including but not limited to: customer tools, portal, customer communications, telephony prompts, self-service content and vendor management.
- Promoting customer awareness across the organisation including development and delivery of training, where applicable.
- Significant experience in leading a department, adept in developing and executing strategic targets with a track record of demonstrating motivational leadership to support their successful execution
- Strong proven people management and team management experience, fostering a culture of collaboration and personal development
- Consultative skills necessary to maximise strategy effectiveness and progressive capability in global stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- High-level experience of writing reports, business cases and other examples of business writing
- Able to handle large amounts of data and content from a wide variety of sources and produce consistent, high quality output and reports
- Strong numeracy skills with an ability to transpose business, financial and technical understanding to relevant market inputs with sales and product teams as well as with external client discussions – leading to commercial & revenue opportunities and able to challenge where required
- Excellent customer service focus and experience
- A quality improvement mindset bringing new knowledge and experience to our organisation
- Understanding of complex commercial platforms, with an ability to support global commercialisation activities including online sales and trading platforms, social media optimisation and app development.
- Ability to evaluate risks, manage emergency cases and set priorities.
- Project management of complex systems
- Proficient IT skills: ability to use in-house software– predominately Microsoft Office programmes to an advanced level (particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word) alongside detailed understanding of the MS Dynamics CRM system with ability to train members of staff and create reports when necessary.
- Innovative and proactive
- Team Player
- Drive for results
- Curious and inquisitive problem solver
- Adaptability - ability to cope with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication with an ability to negotiate and influence.
- Strong organisational and leadership that translate into good project management skills
- Thrives on pressure.
The extended job description is attached below.