Head of Licensing
On the Ball?
To support our Commercial Division, FIFA is looking to recruit an energetic and detail-oriented person as a Head of Licensing, 100% (permanent contract)
- Developing and implementing a global licensing and retail strategy that drives revenue growth, new markets and product categories.
- Defining the future model for FIFA’s Licensing & Retail operations, including potential appointment of major licencing representatives/agencies.
- Building strong relationships with licensees, Licensing Representatives and agencies, suppliers, and strategic partners.
- Ensuring FIFA optimises the commercial terms of all licencing relationships and retail partnerships. Oversee the commercial planning, negotiation and execution of new licensing contracts.
- Developing FIFA’s ecommerce and retail strategy, collaborating with other internal teams including digital and marketing colleagues. Assess and appoint ecommerce partners with optimum commercial terms and in line with strategy.
- Developing the strategy for FIFA onsite retail programmes and oversee the management of the programme across all events (collaborating with commercial and operational colleagues).
- Growing FIFA’s branded licensing strategy, and identify and drive new business opportunities and revenue in this space.
- Continuing to grow product ranges and new opportunities such as FIFA lifestyle and heritage ranges, eFootball ranges, FIFA museum official licensed programme & retail.
- Ensuring internal processes and relationships are in place to protect FIFA’s rights and reinforce its brand.
- Managing, supporting and developing a team of licensing experts to ensure a high-performing FIFA licensing and retail team.
- Managing financial planning, forecasting and budgeting as well as strategic planning for the core licensed business.
- Representing and leading FIFA’s licencing and retail businesses across internal and external stakeholders, ensuring strong, collaborative and win-win relationships.
- Relevant degree level qualification
- Minimum of 12 years in the licensing, merchandise and retail industry
- Understanding of relevant marketplace dynamics and industry issues to ensure appropriate business recommendations are made
- A deep knowledge of the ecommerce landscape and evolution of digital retailing
- Solid commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Proficiency in reviewing contracts and managing contract processes
- Familiarity with royalty reporting and administration software systems, and with approvals software systems
- Good understanding of product development and of distribution models
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- At least 5 years of managing and developing teams
- Exposure in sports, major events and/or entertainment industries
- Fluency in English, any other FIFA language (French, German, Spanish) an asset
- Creative, strategic thinker with sound analytical and negotiation skills
- Honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships
- Team player
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English