Head of Finance
UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) is on a mission to protect clean sport and currently has an exciting opportunity available for you to join us. We’re looking to recruit Head of Finance, joining the Business Services Directorate to play an active role in leading the Finance Team, responsible for all UKADs financial processes, procedures, and controls, providing high quality and proactive support to both internal and external stakeholders.
This role is hybrid, working from home up to 3 days per week, with 2 days at our offices based in SportPark, Loughborough
To ensure doping-free sport, promoting and protecting clean sport through education, testing and enforcement.
Integrity – We do what is right for clean sport, we are equitable and ethical, ensuring everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
Collaboration – We work together and with others, sharing knowledge and building relationships to better tackle doping.
Excellence – We strive to achieve high standards in the protection of clean sport, evolving with the times and finding solutions.
Passion – We are dedicated to keeping sport clean, are proud of what we do and know it matters.
You will be responsible for leading the Finance team and ensuring compliance with internal and external reporting deadline, both UKAD and Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) policies and procedures, together with statutory compliance. You will also support with commercial services of existing and new business development and commercial opportunities.
Key result areas include
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Business Services to review and update UKAD’s financial strategy
- Provide technical expertise to the Finance team, and the wider organisation, to ensure the continued development of the control environment, ensuring best practice for financial reporting, and compliance with current and future developments in statutory obligations
- Overall responsibility for all operational finance areas and where necessary provide cover for the Director of Finance and Business Services
- Lead the Finance team in providing regular, and ad hoc, high quality management reporting and information in accordance with agreed timetables
- Lead on the preparation of the annual budget
- Lead, and advise, on UKADs continued tax compliance, including VAT procedures and quarterly VAT return submission
- Lead the review and variance analysis of monthly management accounts, working together with the Director of Finance and Business Services, Senior Finance Officer & budget holders
- Manage and oversee the preparation and audit of the Annual Report and Accounts
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Experience of managing a clean year end audit process
- Demonstrable people management experience including development and motivation of a team
- Experience of producing both management and statutory accounts
- A technically strong accountant, with the ability to see the bigger picture and how this translates to day to day operational activity
- Proven experience of building excellent working relationships with non-financial members at all levels of the organisation
- Desirable - both experience within Government accounting and a commercial environment
- Desirable - demonstrable experience of working at Head of Finance/Financial Controller level in a similar sized organisation
- Provide a customer service approach to the Business Services Directorate, and wider internal and external customers, with a flexible attitude
- Effectively manage time and resources, maintaining a high quality delivery with strong attention to detail