Head of Business Development
The Scottish FA is looking to recruit a new Head of Business Development within the newly formed Scottish Football Marketing to identify, qualify, and win new Commercial Partnerships across Scottish Football. The job holder will work with the Commercial Director to drive new commercial partnership and sponsorship revenue into Scottish football and support him to develop and deliver a comprehensive, and robust commercial sales strategy for Scottish football, both short and long term.
With excellent interpersonal skills, they will establish productive and healthy working relationships across SPFL & SWPL member clubs to ensure Scottish Football Marketing is working as an extension of their teams and complimenting, not cannibalising clubs own selling efforts.
This role will work hand in hand with the existing Partnership & Activations teams within the Scottish FA, SPFL & SWPL to ensure that any new partners/sponsors strategic objectives are delivered.
This person will be comfortable in and understand the sports landscape, and be insight led around approaching right brands, at the right time.
This role will be heavily field based with semi regular travel to Head office (Hampden Park) therefore a driving licence is essential, as well as a flexible approach to travelling and working hours.
· Unlock and win new Commercial Partners & Sponsors across Scottish Football
· Be visible, and active in market chasing down new Sponsorship opportunities.
· Design, and continually finesse Scottish Footballs go-to market Selling assets: Building bespoke proposals based on clients needs and preferences.
· Work closely with our existing Activation Teams to ensure delivery of Commercial Partners Objectives
· Support the Commercial Director in creation, and execution of a robust Commercials ales strategy,
· Proactively communicate the Scottish FA’s commercial and brand vision to the business community and raise a positive profile of the organisation externally.
· Working with current sponsors to proactively explore and develop new opportunities to maximise commercial revenues for both the sponsor and Scottish Football
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Commercial Director commensurate with the role
About Scottish Football Association
The Scottish Football Association (also known as the Scottish FA) is the governing body of football in Scotland. Members of the Scottish FA include clubs in Scotland, affiliated national and local associations. It was formed in 1873, making it the second oldest national football association in the world.
Our vision is to harness the power of football to inspire the nation, transform lives and build a united and successful game. Through our Strategy our commitment is to build on the successes of our men’s and women’s national teams, our manifesto to encourage future generations to play freely and safely, whilst showcasing the many ways in which football can improve everyday health, education and wellbeing in Scotland.