Head Cycling Coach 單車總教練
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
The HKSI works in close collaboration with the Cycling Association of Hong Kong, China (“CAHK”) in achieving the jointly defined goals of elite training. Therefore, while reporting to the Chief Executive, the incumbent is also responsible to the CAHK to ensure the following duties are satisfactorily conducted:
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of the Cycling elite training programme in line with the agreed training and competition aims of the CAHK and HKSI;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to the CAHK and to ensure a positive collaborative working relationship between the CAHK and HKSI;
- To lead the Cycling Department, managing coaching and administrative staff, ensuring that it operates effectively, efficiently and within the annual financial budget;
- To ensure that all scientific, medical and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the Cycling programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To create systematic opportunities for talent to emerge through related programmes;
- To contribute towards the overall development of coach education programmes which promote the development of local coaches;
- To provide professional and technical oversight of the HKSI Cycling facilities;
- To contribute to in-house and general media publications as requested;
- To contribute to the enhancement of the professional image of the HKSI; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
A University degree or its equivalent;
- A valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;
- Over 10 years’ proven experience and achievement in coaching Cycling at international level;
- Substantial experience in leading programme planning and administration in Cycling;
- Knowledge in sports science and sports medicine and be able to bring their benefits to the coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal/ analytical/ evaluation/ planning skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with international Cycling bodies;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English or Chinese; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issue in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send the completed application form within your application with an indication of your expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept @ hksi.org.hk on or before 15 December 2023.
Please quote reference no. GS-20231116-HCYCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
(薪酬:年薪按表現由港幣 949,014元至港幣 1,874,880元)
應徵者請附上申請表格及要求待遇，於2023年12月15日或之前寄香港新界沙田源禾路25號香港體育學院有限公司人力資源經理收或電郵致: hrdept @hksi.org.hk 提出申請。請註明申請編號: GS-20231116-HCYCC。