HEAD ATHLETICS COACH 田徑總教練
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s designated organisation to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$ 949,014 to HK$1,874,880)
The HKSI works in close collaboration with the Hong Kong Association of Athletic Affiliates (“HKAAA”) in achieving the jointly defined goals of elite training. Therefore, while reporting to the Chief Executive/ Deputy Chief Executive, the incumbent is also responsible to the HKAAA to ensure the following duties are satisfactorily conducted:
- To oversee the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation, of the Hong Kong Athletics Team elite training programme in line with the agreed training and competition aims of the HKAAA and HKSI;
- To lead all regular strategic reporting to HKAAA and to ensure a positive collaborative working relationship between HKAAA and HKSI;
- To lead the Athletics Department, managing coaching and administrative staff, ensuring that it operates effectively, efficiently and within the annual financial budget
- To ensure that all scientific, medical, education and other athlete support services are fully utilised and integrated into the Athletics programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To create systematic opportunities for talent to emerge through related programmes;
- To contribute towards the overall development of coach education programmes which promote to the development of local coaches;
- To provide professional and technical oversight of the HKSI Athletics facilities;
- To contribute to in-house and general media publications as requested; and
- To contribute to the enhancement of the professional image of the HKSI and HKAAA.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- A valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;
- Over 10 years’ proven experience and achievement in coaching Athletics at international level;
- Substantial experience in leading programme planning and administration in Athletics;
- Knowledge in sports science and sports medicine and be able to bring their benefits to the coaching process;
- Excellent interpersonal / analytical / evaluation / planning skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Strong links with international Athletics bodies;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed Application Form
(hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Job%20Application%20Form_Nov%202021.doc) with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com on or before 28 Aug 2022. Please quote reference no. GS-20220729-HATHC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
(薪酬:年薪由港幣 949,014元至港幣 1,874,880元)
(hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Job%20Application%20Form_Nov%202021.doc) 及要求待遇，於2022年8月28日或之前寄香港新界沙田源禾路25號香港體育學院有限公司人力資源經理收或電郵致: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com 提出申請。請註明申請編號: GS-20220729-HATHC。