Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at our National Football Centre, St. George's Park.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
90 minutes to change our world
The FA is seeking to appoint a permanent Groundsperson to the Grounds team based at St George's Park. They will work proactively with the Assistant Head of Grounds and other members of the Grounds team to maintain and prepare all pitches to the highest standard for all events hosted on the group pitches. As well as working with the events teams and events owners to manage all pitch related logistics.
- Maintain and prepare the pitch to relevant universal playing standards for all codes of sport hosted by St. George's Park as agreed by bodies such as The FA, UEFA, IRB, NFL and FIFA
- Maintain training pitches to professional standard in accordance with Sports turf industry guidelines
- Maintain surfaces to agreed standards by adhering to predefined maintenance programmes developed in conjunction with appointed industry consultants
- Maintain all pitch equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times
- Work with Pitch Contractors to reinstate pitch as dictated by the event calendar
- Operate all SGP grounds machinery to maintain the pitch to the highest standard
- Support with the overall estates management and maintenance where required
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Good knowledge on use of machinery
- General knowledge of fertilisers
- General knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Previous experience of working in the sports turf industry
- Set height of cut on mowers and set cut accordingly
- Pre start checks on all machinery
- Competent in the use of pedestrian and ride on machinery, including tractors
- Attaching implements and machines to tractors including 3 point linkage and PTO
- Basic knowledge of irrigation
- Knowledge of and working on different types of pitch construction. Such as hybrid, reinforced, natural, artificial
- Knowledge of pitch grow lights
- Identification of turf diseases
- Working on football pitches at an elite level
- Working within a team
- Use of renovation machinery
- Use of tractor mounted sprayers
- Regrinding of mower units
A full, clean driving licence is required.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are contractually homebased, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.