Birmingham 2022 are looking for 2 Graphic Designers to be responsible for the design of content for a variety of purposes, particularly the web and social media, Games Apps and a wide range of Organising Committee digital and printed publications, marketing and communications materials. The role will be part of the In-house Studio team within the Publications Functional Area.
- Provide an in-house design agency service to fulfil requests from within the Communications, Marketing & Media Division, including the Digital Media team, and across the Organising Committee
- Working within the Studio team, proactively forward plan and deliver content that supports the Birmingham 2022 Marketing & Communications Strategy and wider corporate ambitions of the business
- Research and create effective, compelling design and content for a range of internal and external marketing communications for the Organising Committee. This will include corporate and consumer-facing design services across web, email, brochure, presentation, report and leaflet content, partner publications and supplements and provision of design for other publications and channels
- Collaborate with Studio Copywriters to conceptualise and deliver innovative marketing, communications and publications content
- Support the Publications & Studio Manager with the development of robust quality assurance, archiving and approval processes
- Meet design and publishing guidelines as outlined in creative briefs
- Liaise closely with the Digital Media team to provide informing, engaging and entertaining graphics and content for the website and Games Apps
- Ensure all design, whether being created or edited, adheres to the brand guidelines
- Support the Publications & Studio Manager, Head of Marketing and Head of Communications with other creative tasks, as agreed and where appropriate
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrates design credentials and a wide portfolio of experience
- Extensive experience of design across several subject matters
- A conceptual designer who is happy to challenge
- Comfortable handling day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong layout and typography skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Create and maintain a suite of publications with a consistent style using templates and stylesheets
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to produce innovative and consistent design collateral of different types including; infographics, logos, promotional merchandise, marketing materials, MS templates, Powerpoint presentations
- Animation and illustration skills
- Diploma / degree qualified in marketing or communications (or similar)
- CIM or evidence of continual professional development
Salary - £26,000-30,000 per annum
Start date - February 2021
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.