Graphic Designer (Intern)
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
ECA is the sole independent body directly representing football clubs at European level. With a current membership base moving towards 500 professional football clubs from across the continent, with plans to increase this membership base further over the coming years, ECA is the representative voice of European club football on the international football landscape.
Working closely with football’s governing bodies (particularly UEFA and FIFA), competition organisers and other professional football stakeholders, ECA’s core purpose is to place clubs at the ‘Heart of Football’.
ECA is continually strengthening its administration to ensure it enhances the value of its activities and services for Member Clubs. A rapidly growing administration team of over 35 people works closely with ECA’s Members, Executive Board, Working Groups, Panels, Task Forces, Committees, and other internal and external bodies. ECA is on a mission of organisational development, targeting a performance-driven culture and delivering high impact outcomes for our colleagues and our members.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are core values at ECA. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and sustainable working and learning environment for all staff and members.
POSITION MISSION AND PROFILE
In this newly created full-time internship of 6 months, the Graphic Designer (Intern) will assist in the creation and delivery of creative services within Marketing Unit, working in close cooperation with the ECA Marketing and Communications Department and other ECA Departments.
The ideal candidate will be a creative resource behind event branding and other creative services. The role will encompass a range of creative and graphic responsibilities including, development of layouts for printing and digital projects, designs proposals for creative projects, compliance with corporate branding guidelines and following trends in design and new technologies.
The role is based at ECA’s offices in Nyon, Switzerland.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, and working in close collaboration with the rest of the ECA team, the Graphic Designer’s (Intern) responsibilities will include:
- Graphic Design - Developing a wide range of graphic designs for event collateral including, branding, promotional materials, signage, digital assets, etc.
- Visual Storytelling - Creating engaging narratives through visual elements that communicate the essence of each event.
- Collaboration - Work closely with the Marketing and Event Departments to ensure seamless integration of the branding into all promotional materials and on-event activities.
- Design Consistency - Ensure consistency in use of branding across all event collateral and touchpoints in compliance with corporate branding guidelines.
- Creativity - Continuously bring fresh and innovative design ideas to the team by following trends in design and new technologies.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in graphic design, with a strong portfolio showcasing event branding or related projects, preferably within the sports industry or related field.
- Proven experience in a graphic design environment. 1-2 years of experience in a creative agency is a plus.
- Experience in designing for a variety of platforms including print, web, and social media.
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software.
- Experience with motion graphics software and video editing tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communications, or a related field.
- Proficiency with design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, etc).
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Additional European languages would be an asset.
- Strong conceptual and creative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Effective time management and organizational abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity of working with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- A passion for design and a keen interest in staying updated with industry trends.
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally at short notice.
You are invited to send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to Raoul Tondini, Head of People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates fulfilling the required skills and experience will be contacted.