Global PR Manager
Socios.com, powered by the Chiliz fintech platform & $CHZ token, will offer fans the opportunity to buy, trade & execute voting or ‘crowd managers’ rights in their favorite football teams. Connecting 4 billion football fans worldwide with the thousands of different UEFA clubs and professional football teams they root for.
We are looking for a passionate Global PR Manager responsible for defining and driving short and long-term PR strategies to generate strategic brand exposure for Chiliz and our fan influence platform Socios.com.
A dream position for any football fan, you will be required to work with some of the biggest football clubs in the world - Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, West Ham United, plus many more - using PR as a strategic, effective, fast, flexible and cost-efficient communication tool in the overall marketing mix.
On a day-to-day basis, you will manage multiple PR agencies and consultants across the world, with the aim of driving regular coverage for our brands, in line with the global marketing strategy. You will also work closely with our Community team, who manage our external communities across multiple platforms, coordinating messaging, product announcements and updates.
This role is based in the sunny island of Malta (Europe) and will report into the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer for Chiliz and Socios.com
- Develop and execute PR strategies to support the launch of Socios.com in key markets, to support new partnerships, and to ensure an ongoing news cycle.
- Lead the fusion of editorial and social storytelling.
- Work in tandem with Marketing, Social Media, Creative and Corporate Comms to deliver 360 brand campaigns that resonate with a football audience and increase consumer and trade brand awareness.
- Analyze business needs and the evolving media landscape to create plans that raise the profile of our brands across a variety of media outlets and platforms.
- Establish and maintain key media relationships (both consumer, trade, business and tech) across traditional and new platforms.
- Manage a network of PR agencies and consultants in different markets, setting measurable objectives for media coverage.
- Write/edit key press materials and documents, including press releases, talking points, key messages, media statements, reports, Q&As, fact sheets, backgrounders, web and social content.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and high level of strategic thinking.
- Strong passion for sport, specifically football.
- Superior writing, research, presentation and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups.
- Excellent media contacts across sport, tech and business.
- Strong written and verbal, presentation and organizational skills.
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- Interest in esports and gaming.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Communications, PR or a related field.
- 6+ years relevant work experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be working in one of Malta’s most spectacular offices with iconic views of Valletta at the heart of Gzira and minutes away from the shopping & entertainment hub of the island. Set within the Malta Blockchain Campus, our office boasts a fantastic chill-out area we share with blockchain companies from around the world. This multi-cultural atmosphere is further enhanced by extraordinary colleagues spanning 20+ nationalities with ideas as diverse & interesting as they are.
We move at a lightning speed that reflects the industry we’re in and although we’re a small company, size doesn’t matter when you’re this fast. Professional and personal development are very important to us and along with a supportive and collaborative working environment we offer great company perks but above all we give you the chance to be a part of the future.