General Assistant (until end of August 2024)
The LTA’s vision is 'Tennis Opened Up' and its mission is to make tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable for all.
The General Assistant plays a key part of the team in supporting the Operations Team’s delivery at the NTC - ensuring excellence in service, aligned with the new standards and vision of the NTC.
The General Assistant is responsible for presentation standards within the centre and its’ grounds, assisting with the daily running of the NTC and the delivery of setup logistics for meetings, functions, and events.
What you will be doing
- Being responsible for ensuring the NTC’s facilities are operating to the required standard.
- Ensuring that our storage areas are kept tidy and hazard free whilst making sure all deliveries for staff or events have been stored appropriately safely.
- Ensuring all meeting rooms, functions and events are set-up as required and presented with excellence, working in partnership with the Catering Team where appropriate.
- Assisting the Operations Leadership Team in running and hosting stakeholder events and tournaments, by being involved in the correspondence to set up, run and de-rig the event.
- Being responsible for the physical set up of our events, ensuring courts, rooms/areas, and equipment are adequate and suitable for the intended purpose.
- Be responsible to be able to handle and deal with ad-hoc radio requests, from colleagues or reception.
- Assisting the Cleaning Team when needed, ensuring all NTC facility areas are clean to the highest standard.
- Assisting the Grounds Team in elite court maintenance regimes, including watering and repairing our clay courts and grass courts (during summer). Ensuring our grounds are neat, tidy, and presentable all year round.
- Assisting the Maintenance Team in repair and upkeep of the facility.
- Being responsible for waste management by maintaining waste areas do not overflow and are kept clean.
- Maintaining health, safety and security in the workplace and complying with company procedures and guidelines.
- Carrying out site inspections as part of our Brand Standards Audits and being involved in creating subsequent action plans.