Gender Equality and Inclusion Manager
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is the guardian of the Olympic Games and the leader of the Olympic Movement. Our vision is to build a peaceful and better world through sport. Gender equality, inclusion and diversity – enshrined as a Fundamental Principle of Olympism in the Olympic Charter – are integral components to fulfilling this vision. To support us in this mission, we are looking for a Project Manager to join the Gender Equality and Inclusion Unit in the Corporate and Sustainable Development Department.
Department: Corporate & Sustainable Dev. Department
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry date: 01.08.2022
Application deadline: 23.06.2022
The Gender Equality and Inclusion Manager will work with the Unit team members to develop and implement gender equality and inclusion initiatives.
- Working with the other members of the Unit to implement the IOC Gender Equality and Inclusion Strategy. This includes leading the implementation of specific projects to support the Olympic Movement stakeholders (e.g. the IOC, National Olympic Committees (NOCs), International Sports Federations (IFs)) with implementing gender equality and inclusion initiatives.
- Developing and implementing action plans for designated projects.
- Leading the development and execution of mechanisms, such as webinars and workshops, to support gender and inclusion initiatives by Olympic Movement stakeholders.
- Managing close relationships with other IOC departments, NOCs, IFs and key IOC partners such as UN Women.
- Developing and overseeing a comprehensive framework for monitoring gender equality progress within the IOC and the Olympic Movement. This includes working with other IOC departments to establish the framework and manage the ongoing evaluation systems.
- Managing the reporting systems for the Gender Equality and Inclusion Unit. This includes timely reporting for the IOC Annual Report, and IOC Session and commission reports.
- Minimum five years’ experience or equivalent in an international sports environment or national sports organisation.
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in sports management, business administration or related fields.
- Proven track record of successful project delivery.
- An understanding of gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Experience of overseeing or supporting organisational change.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organisation and experience, working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven capacity to support the work of others.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and set priorities.
- Excellent communication skills in English. French is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge and command of Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 tools. Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint is required, and experience working with PowerBI (or similar) is desirable.
Come and join an organisation where the spirit of inclusion, gender equality and diversity is embedded in its DNA and which focuses on what unites us – a passion for sport and its values. Work in a flexible and rewarding environment which offers competitive employee benefits and numerous incentives to live a sustainable, healthy and active life. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement and help to build a better world through sport. You will have the opportunity to work with people of more than 70 nationalities.