Games Delivery Manager (F/M/X)
About the IPC:
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.
The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for six Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly.
The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The Games Delivery Manager is accountable to the Chief Paralympic Games Delivery Officer and will work within a dynamic and growing Department. The role is responsible for ensuring the successful planning and delivery of specific Paralympic Games edition(s).
• Support all aspects of Games delivery by acting as a key liaison between the IPC and the Organising Committee of specific Olympic and Paralympic Games editions, its delivery partners, and the International Olympic Committee (IOC)
• Foster collaborative relationships with the relevant executives and staff within the IPC, the Organising Committees, the IOC, and other delivery partners, to ensure smooth integration throughout the Games lifecycle
• Promote effective information sharing and communication across the IPC and delivery partners to ensure integrated planning and responsive decision-making
• Monitor and report on project progress/milestones, opportunities, risks, and issues related to the organisation of the Paralympic Games
• Support the Games Management Team in developing a holistic view of the project and priorities, propose solutions to problems, participate in the decision-making process, and escalate issues as necessary
• Establish objectives and coordinate content for, deliver, participate in, and follow-up on regularly planned meetings (e.g., Delivery Partner Meetings) and ad-hoc meetings concerning the delivery of the Games
• Collaborate with Organising Committees and IPC functional areas to define learning needs and develop bespoke solutions targeted to the requirements of each Games edition
• Manage selected functional areas by developing strategies, tracking key deliverables, collaborating with Organising Committees, the IOC, and other delivery partners on detailed planning as required
• Drive integrated Games-time operations, including the management of the Games Delivery Office during the Paralympic Games
• Share the IPC’s vision, mission and values. A deep passion to work within the Paralympic Movement.
• Professional experience in the area of project management and/or sport management
• Proven capacity to coordinate multiple projects at the same time through effective planning and organisation skills
• Able to respectfully collaborate with and motivate others in an international, multi-cultural environment
• Be detail-oriented and able to work independently
• Able to adapt and to keep a positive, solution-oriented attitude while adjusting plans and processes in complex and evolving situations
• Confident, professional, and calm while under pressure and during long working days in the lead-up and during the Paralympic Games
• Flexibility in working hours and ability to travel regularly
• Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
• Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft office tools
• Knowledge and experience in areas related to Games operations and services
• Proficiency in other languages such as French and Italian considered an asset
• Experience with project management software such as Smartsheet is considered an asset
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send
your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf to ParalympicGamesJobs@paralympic.org.
For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling
basis, with a final deadline of 31 August 2022.
The IPC is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals
with a disability and members of minority groups to apply; we support the
relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For
further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website at www.paralympic.org.
We look forward to your application!