Fixed and Mobile Telecommunications Manager
B2022 are looking for an experienced Fixed and Mobile Telecommunications Manager who will act as Senior Project Manager in managing a number of IT Suppliers which are critical to the successful staging of the Games. The purpose of the role is to provide strong project management leadership to ensure that the Telecom Service Suppliers successfully deliver on-time and within the agreed commercial frameworks.
The salary for this position is up to £55,000.
* Take end-to-end ownership for the scoping and delivery of numerous and varied technical implementation projects, ensuring they are deployed on time, on budget and to specification.
* Manage the overall program of works for the Telecoms services programme covering planning, design, delivery, operational readiness tests, Games Time operations and post games decommissioning with full asset recovery/reconciliation.
* Create, manage and monitor project plans, including dependencies, interdependencies, projects risks, issues and escalations.
* Work closely with various divisions of the OC to ensure all team members are aware of project objectives, tasks, specifications, timelines, budgets, risks and issues.
* Ensure a robust and resilient telecommunications infrastructure design is delivered which will underpin the entire Technology operation at all Venues.
* Drive the development of detailed venue low level design and overlay plans to ensure that required telecoms services and dependencies are understood, planned and provided.
* Lead planning and deployment activities including ongoing validation of requirements from OC functional areas through appropriate change control.
* Work closely with the VTM to contribute to the master technology plan and proactively assess and manage related risks.
* Escalate any major scope changes, risks or issues to the VTM and centrally for resolution as required.
* Ensure accurate definition of scope of requirements covering:
* Managed Internet Access via two Core PoPs with Multi-Tier security.
* Cloud hosted IP Telephony.
* Diverse Venue IP-WAN fibre connectivity connecting Games Venues.
* Dedicated Venue Ethernet LAN infrastructure and Structured Cabling Services, supporting IP telephony and data services.
* Business broadband and residential broadband service options.
* Working with key Suppliers, identify areas of risk and develop contingency delivery plans and manage corrective actions to mitigate any slippage or change in scope, implementation timescales or any interdependencies.
* Work with public authorities, OC delivery partners, mobile operators and Ofcom to maximise the public telecommunications infrastructure available alongside the Games-specific requirements to ensure on-time delivery, best value for money and legacy outcomes are realised.
Skills & Experience Required
* Extensive experience in the commercial construction industry or running projects
* A track record of successful project management and delivery of a wide range of complex Telecommunications projects at a senior level
* Prior technical experience with many of the key technologies outlined in the role overview
* Strong experience with managing Suppliers, Subcontractors and Vendors as part of project fulfilment and service delivery
* Good project control skills including contracting and procurement, estimating, cost management and scheduling
* Skilled in the use of information technology such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
* Project Management certification from a recognised institution or equivalent (e.g. PMI or PRINCE2)
* Experience with Major Sporting Events in a similar role
* Ideally some familiarity with sports, entertainment and hospitality industry concepts
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice)