FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Financial Controller is responsible for cost control, planning, developing and forecasting for different areas of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 such as HR, IT, Communications, Technical Development, Medical & Anti Doping, Event Services etc.
- Analyze the correct entry budget deviation analysis, participation in budget review meetings
- Ensure that the spoken funds are used according to the approved project proposals and examining project documentation and regular reporting
- Capture the financial benchmarks of revenue contracts in the contract database
- Maintain the required overviews in Excel
- Ensure the correct presentation of revenues in cash and IFRS (mainly for budgets, IFRS in cooperation with Consolidation)
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial report.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- University or college education in business administration / finance / accounting / tax
- 5+ years of experience in business and financial controlling
- Experience in international project controlling
- Fluent in English, any other language is an advantage
- Strong IT skill, especially Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Ability to communicate appropriately with different levels of hierarchy
- Strong communication skills