Finance & HR Assistant
Team GB is the British and Northern Irish Olympic team – one of the nation’s most successful teams and one of its favourite brands. Run by the British Olympic Association (BOA), Team GB competes at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and other events such as the European Games, Youth Olympic Games and European Youth Olympic Festivals.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. Our success is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes, including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing and events.
Team GB is the public-facing brand of the BOA and with over 3.5m followers across its channels has a highly engaged and passionate audience. With the Paris 2024 Olympic Games on the horizon and so close to home, the BOA has set out on an exciting new strategic path to refresh its brand, invest in data and generate new forms of content to grow our audiences and further engage the nation in support of our team and athletes.
The Finance and HR Assistant will provide support to the BOA finance team and Head of HR in essential day-to-day book-keeping functions and HR administration at a hands-on operational level.
The post-holder will need to be confident in managing the Purchase to Pay process and have experience of general HR admin as well as understand the need for confidentiality in managing sensitive information.
Being confident in the use of financial and HR software will be key.
This is a new role combining finance and HR support and a great opportunity for an individual to help shape the role to make it a success.
• Receivables: Raising all sales invoices when due, on Access Financial Operations and ensuring they are authorised in a timely manner and sent on to customers.
• Credit control: Chasing debtors on a regular basis and updating the monthly aged debtors report using Access Financials.
• Ensure all invoices received are on the invoice register for processing within Access Capture in a timely manner
• Processing all purchase invoices and matching to purchase orders using Access Financials and Fin Ops system.
• Dealing with supplier and customer queries
• Assisting in preparing month end and mid-month suppliers payment run
• Posting all ad hoc expenses claims
• Issuing monthly credit card statements to users
• Assisting with routine queries during the annual audit
• Tracking, chasing and counting cash returns from cash floats (incl. British Olympic Foundation)
• Monitoring and keeping on top of the Finance Inbox
• Processing New Supplier requests for approval
• Ad hoc admin tasks as assigned by the Financial Accountant
• Assist in other functional areas if appropriate and agreed with the Head of Finance
• Supporting Hiring Managers with recruitment admin e.g. posting JD’s, scheduling interviews, coordinating the Recruitment Mailbox
• Raising PO’s via the Access system and ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner
• Payroll admin support – updating the monthly payroll amendments spreadsheet and uploading relevant documents to Access Workspace
• Updating the Access HR system e.g. adding New Joiners, updating the system with leavers info, ensuring annual leave figures are correct
• New Joiner admin – drafting contracts for new joiners, gathering reference and passport information. Sending out relevant forms for new joiners e.g. personal information form, HMRC Starter Checklist
• Supporting the Head of HR with the annual Group risk benefits renewal e.g. providing all staff data for the brokers
• Games Time admin – supporting the Head of HR with issuing of Games Time role agreements to external individuals appointed to roles e.g. volunteers and secondees
• Processing DBS checks for Games Time staff as required via the First Advantage online portal
• Assisting the Head of HR with general HR queries received from all areas of the business
• Assist the Head of HR in planning training activities for all staff e.g. lunch and learn sessions
• Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working in a busy Accounts Payable/Receivable environment
• Able to adhere to best practice financial control procedures in all circumstances
• Understanding and experience of HR administration requirements
• Able to work accurately with good attention to detail
• Good levels of numeracy
• High standard of literacy
• Good IT skills e.g. Excel and Databases
• Able to apply discretion when required
• Fast Learner
• Personable and approachable
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure according to strict deadlines
• Flexible in approach and a Team player
• Experience in working with Olympic sports and National Governing Bodies
• Passion for Olympic Sport
Please note that the salary for the role is £26k per year.
Please click apply to submit your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role to the email provided. An extended job description is attached below.