FIFA Broadcast Servicing SMC Coordinator
If you are interested in a once-in-a-lifetime job in the sports industry, this is your chance. We are looking for someone to strengthen the team in charge of organising the biggest women’s sporting event in the world: the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia New Zealand 2023™.
To ensure the successful operational delivery of the ninth edition of this competition, we have set up a local FIFA subsidiary (LFS). Its aim is to improve the experience of over 1.1 billion people watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, by delivering innovative solutions across all operational areas.
- Auckland / Tāmaki Makaurau
- Wellington / Te Whanganui-a-Tara
- Hamilton / Kirikiriroa
Under the guidance of the LFS Broadcaster Servicing Managers and Coordinator the FIFA Broadcast Servicing SMC Coordinator will provide operational support to the Broadcast Servicing Venue Manager and Broadcast Servicing Team at their respective venue at Tournament time to deliver services for the FIFA Media Rights Licensees visiting Australia and/or New Zealand during the FIFA Women’s World Cup™.
- Based in the Stadium Media Centre (SMC), the FIFA Broadcast Servicing SMC Coordinator will contribute to the delivery of broadcaster services to FIFA Media Rights Licensees (MRLs) during the FIFA Women’s World Cup™.
- Support Broadcast Servicing (BRS) to liaise and coordinate MRL and Non-Rights Holder (NRH) requirements at each venue.
- Work with the Media Operations venue team to assist with the delivery of facilities and services in shared spaces.
- Handle queries from MRLs & NRHs including wayfinding and access at official venues, transport, filming permits, frequency licensing, as well as local knowledge of the Host City.
- Support the Broadcast Services Venue Manager (BSVM) in the implementation of the agreed plans and level of services in the Broadcast areas of the stadium including Stadium Media Centre, Commentary Positions, Presentation Platforms, Presentation Studios, Pitch side positions, Flash Interview Areas, Press Conference Room and Mixed Zone.
- Support MRL and NRH operations in the Venue Specific Training Sites (VSTS) on Match Day-1.
- Support MRL operations for the Team Welcome Ceremonies, if required.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
The successful candidates will have an understanding of the needs of Broadcasters at a major event including specific needs at stadiums and training venues, or comprehensive event management / production experience in a similar position at large scale international sporting event.
Your experience in client-facing roles means you will have a positive attitude, a customer service mindset, and approach tasks with patience and persistence.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other languages is a benefit
- Proven experience working within a high performing team of staff and volunteers
- Willing to work event time hours to meet tight timelines
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to consistently deliver at a high standard
- Outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm and efficient under pressure in a multi-tasking, fluid environment
- A collaborator who can foster good working relationships
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Be able to adapt and work well with people of other cultures and backgrounds
What we offer
Working at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 is more than a job; it is a calling to create a better world through the power of football. As part of the FIFA family, you will be working with highly motivated colleagues within a dynamic and diverse team. Employment is offered until August 2023.