APL is a team of people who are passionate about their mission of uniting & entertaining Football Fans, growing our leagues and as a result realise the positive impact Football can have in Australian society.
We are a cutting edge, sport & entertainment business that brings both sports and technology together to deliver fans a unique, world class football experience.
Our team champion a deep commitment to football & entertainment with a focus on cultivating a fan-driven culture. We combine stadium & digital access to the best football content in Australia, in fast-paced environments. Our teams are empowered to innovate and influence our products, to continually change the game.
The Features Producer role is pivotal in helping us achieve that mission & deliver on the significant growth potential within the leagues & our clubs. Reporting into the Senior Creative Producer, we are looking for an experienced professional who has worked in a fast paced Digital Content function either in a small team or is looking to do so.
The Features Producer will be a passionate storyteller, who is able to combine experience in multiple disciplines to ensure the A-Leagues produces high quality original content.
The role will involve ideating, planning and producing visual stories in varying settings, and as such we are looking for someone with experience in creating feature material that can be published across all platforms and channels.
The Features Producer will also be expected to plan and edit material, working within a content team that is multi-skilled and able to collaborate across a variety of skill sets, to ensure the highest standards of contemporary football storytelling.
A focus on innovative tools and techniques, as well as pushing the boundaries of creativity means this role will require a candidate that is willing to learn as their environment evolves, to ensure the A-Leagues are always on the cutting edge of content creation.
- Ideate, plan and execute feature ideas and original content that can live across all platforms.
- Ideate, plan and produce stories that ensure rich storytelling across the Australian football landscape.
- Create visual feature material of varying themes, subject matter and duration, producing from the field and at APL HQ.
- Lead the production of visual features in the field, guiding shoots to ensure plans are executed to a high standard.
- Edit feature material of varying themes, subject matter and duration.
- Work closely with Digital Content, Content Innovation and Broadcast teams to ensure all A-Leagues and KeepUp material is planned for and utilised by the broader content department.
- Collaborate closely with A-Leagues clubs to unearth stories and elevate their publication across multiple football platforms.
- Develop strong & deep internal relationships with the content, comms, marketing and commercial teams.
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders at all clubs.
- Degree in Communications/ Journalism/Marketing - Preferred but not essential
- 3+ years experience in an original content function
- Experience and proven ability in publishing feature material to a high standard
- Video editing experience
- A proven track record in original ideas seen through to publication
- Experience using camera and audio equipment preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, and very results oriented
- Innovative thinker
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary
- Staff referral program
- Job-related training in-house and allowance for external training applications/contributions
- Snacks, coffee and drinks
Above all, we love football and, if you do too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please ‘Apply now’.
APL is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified candidates will be considered for this role regardless of race, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin.
APL does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thanks for your understanding.