Fan Audience Strategist
Division / Unit: Marketing / Marketing Activities
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.12.2023
The Fan Audience Strategist works in the Marketing team to help engage Football Fans with all UEFA competitions and digital products. This is a data enthusiast who oversees data science models while supporting marketing campaigns, from acquisition through retention.
The Fan Audience Strategist has both strategic and operational responsibilities, helping to discover and define target audiences for paid media and customer relationship management campaigns, supporting next best action journeys, while ensuring audience segments are prepared in campaign activation platforms. This individual contributor role requires an independent approach to leveraging and enriching our customer data platforms, managing external data science agencies and collaborating closely with internal business stakeholders and IT supports.
The position requires someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about audience planning and operations, self-motivated, tech savvy, detailed-oriented, curious, a critical thinker, and a team player.
- Owning and constantly enriching UEFA fan behavioural engagement scoring and valuation model with external data science support;
- Putting forward new audience opportunities using mix of behavioural, attitudinal, performance, business, and industry data, trends, and insights to enrich UEFA audience strategy;
- Defining, sizing, building and refining audience segments using our customer data platform and working with database tables;
- Managing cross-product audience overlap, governance, and prioritisation using behavioural and commercial audience insights to advise campaign leads;
- Working with business leads to develop audience testing plans and adopt a scoring model;
- Recommending audience activation, enrichment or deletion based on engagement scoring outputs, campaign performance, media value and marketing data available.
- Partnering with BI and IT teams to establish data integration requirements to move audiences within paid, owned and earned channels and report on their performances;
- Partnering with IT teams to establish good frameworks to improve data quality;
- Coordinating, managing and prioritising a end-to-end marketing data services roadmap in line with business priorities and commercial objectives;
- Maintaining consistency in audience definitions, taxonomy and processes across campaigns and platforms;
- Ultimately ensuring audiences used for campaigns and data quality are compliant with data/privacy rules and local laws and regulations (such as GDPR);
- Supporting Marketing Operations teams on audience creation and segmentation for use in paid and owned channels (e.g. paid ads, emails, push, in-app).
- Evaluating target audiences and size reach before campaign execution, orchestrating the upload of audiences across marketing activation platforms.
- Delivering audience performance and fan cohort analysis proactively and on request to provide stakeholders audience-based insights to optimize their roadmaps, products and services.
- more than 7 years' experience of audience planning or analytics and data management experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Master's degree is a plus
- English / Proficient
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to use SQL and break down complex data scenarios into digestible components
- Understanding of customer data platform tools (e.g. BlueConic), paid media platforms (e.g. DV360, Facebook) and marketing automation platforms (e.g. Sailthru), including knowledge of backend data set-ups if new requirements are needed to develop an audience segment
- Willingness and ability to recommend and test new ideas, measure success, and pivot as needed
- Familiarity with privacy and data sharing laws, such as GDPR
- Detail and process-oriented mindset with strong project management skills
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of digital media buying and the customer life cycle
- Ability to have informed conversations with data science teams
- Ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor within a fast-paced environment